Homemade Loaded French Fries make for the best appetizer. Crispy fries topped with shredded cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green onion – so easy yet so good!
LOADED FRENCH FRIES-
The loaded cheese fries are by far one of our favorite recipes for an amazing. Crispy yet crunchy french fries topped with bacon and cheese and baked until cheese has melted then topped with toppings.
This recipe is so delicious and hearty and ready in under 30 minutes!
- French fries– For this recipe, we used frozen french fries. You can use any of your favorite styles of fries. Check out our Air Fryer Frozen Fries for how to cook frozen fries.
- Shredded cheese– We used Colby jack shredded cheese for this recipe. You can use any of your favorite shredded cheese like mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and even Mexican cheese.
- Bacon– Use our air fryer bacon to cook the bacon perfectly.
- Green onion– Finely chopped green onions bring so many flavors to this dish.
- Sour cream– Sour cream works great in this dish. You can use classic sour cream or light sour cream.
- Seasoning– We love adding salt and ground black pepper to the fries for extra flavors.
HOW TO MAKE LOADED FRENCH FRIES-
With just a few steps all you need to do is just throw some ingredients together, bake and enjoy!
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the frozen french fries to the prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through and crispy.
- Remove the fries from the oven and top with shredded cheese and cooked bacon bits and bake again until the cheese melts.
- Top with freshly chopped green onion and serve.
There are so many ways that you can level up these loaded chili cheese fries! Here are some of our favorite things to add to our loaded dish.
- Cheese sauce
- Pico de gallo
- Taco meat
- Chopped red onion
- Pulled pork
- Blue cheese
- Ranch dressing
- Sliced Avocado
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can reheat the cheese fries in the air fryer, microwaved, or oven until warmed and reheated.
These are BEST when made fresh, so we do not recommend making this dish ahead of time.
Store the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Yes, you can make these loaded cheese fries in the air fryer. Just use our Air Fryer Fries Recipe, once the fries are cooked add bacon and cheese and cook until the cheese melts.
Yes! Use our Oven-Baked Fries recipe instead of frozen fries.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES-
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Wings
- Fried Shrimp
- Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Veggie Pizza
Loaded French Fries Recipe
- 32 oz frozen french fries
- 2 cups shredded cheese**
- 8 oz bacon chopped and cooked
- 3 Tbsps green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Add the frozen french fries to the baking sheet and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with shredded cheese and cooked chopped bacon. Bake for an additional 3-4 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Top with freshly chopped green onion, sour cream, and any other desired toppings and serve.