This homemade Chocolate Nutella Cake is that perfect balance of chocolate and Nutella flavor! The naked chocolate cake is so easy to make and assemble and aesthetic.
NUTELLA CAKE RECIPE-
If you enjoy Nutella, you will absolutely love this cake recipe. Soft and airty chocolate cake layers with a rich Nutella cream that adds so much moistness to the cake layers. The fresh raspberries enhance the flavor of the cake.
This cake uses simple ingredients and it’s so so easy to make.
- Eggs– We use eggs as the binding agent for this cake batter.
- Sugar– To sweeten the cake we use granulated sugar as the sweetener.
- Flour– All-purpose flour, measured and sifted.
- Nutella– We love the Nutella brand but any chocolate hazelnut spread will work.
- Cocoa– Unsweetened cocoa powder, we use Hershey’s.
- Baking powder– Gives the cake layers their shape.
- Raspberries– We top the cake with fresh raspberries.
HOW TO MAKE A NUTELLA CAKE-
Though this cake is really easy to make, be sure to read it all the way through so you know what you are doing.
- Prepare Pans– Line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper and butter the sides.
- Mix Eggs & Sugar– Beat eggs and sugar tripled in size, about 8-10 minutes.
- Prepare Dry Ingredients– In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and cocoa.
- Combine– Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- Bake Cake– Divide the batter between the two pans (we used THESE springform pans), and bake until golden.
MAKE NUTELLA CREAM-
Next, make the cream.
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Nutella until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add the heavy whipping cream to the Nutella bowl and beat on low to combine.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE-
And now the best part, assembling the cake.
- With a sharp knife, slice the chocolate cake layers in half!
- Place the first layer down, drizzle with Nutella, and spread the cream over the Nutella with a frosting spatula.
- Continue with the remaining layers, just don’t add Nutella to the top layer of the cake, just the frosting.
- Add fresh berries to the top of the cake.
We went with a naked cake look so I didn’t add the cake frosting to the sides of the cake. If you want the sides frosted, leave some of the creams for the sides.
This Nutella Cake is not only easy to make, but it is also so beautiful when served for special occasions of dessert for your loved ones.
More Cake Recipes-
Chocolate Nutella Cake
prepare cake layers-
- Preheat oven to 355°F at step 5.
- Prepare (2) 10” round springform pans. Cover bottoms of pans with parchment paper. Butter pans (or spray with baking spray) and lightly flour. Set pans aside.
- Add eggs to mixing bowl and beat on high speed a few minutes until fluffy, slowly add the sugar to the eggs. Beat on the high speed for about an additional 10 minutes, or until tripled in size.
- In a small bowl combine sifted cocoa, flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Once the egg mixture has tripled in size, add flour mixture in three parts, mixing after each addition. Mix from the bottom up, don’t overbeat.
- Gently divide the batter between the two pans. Bake 18-22 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean if inserted in the center). Once baked, remove cakes from the pans. Set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, slice layers in half.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add powdered sugar and 3/4 of Nutella spread, mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add about half of the whipped cream to the Nutella mixture. Mix on low speed until creamy, add remaining whipped cream and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella a plastic bag and snip off the corner.
- Drizzles some of the Nutella over the first layer. Gently add cream over top of the Nutella.Repeat until you get to the last layer.
- Add raspberries to the center of the cake or around edges of the cake. Refrigerate for at least and hour (or overnight) and enjoy.
- Enjoy, friends.