Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast Recipe. Classic french toast stuffed with a strawberry cheesecake filling. The perfect recipe for breakfast or brunch!
stuffed french toast-
This recipe takes the classic french toast recipe to a whole new level! This stuffed french toast recipe is going to become your go-to breakfast! Bread stuffed with strawberry chunks and a cream cheese filling, dredged in an egg mixture, and cooked to perfection!
This breakfast recipe is something you order at a fancy brunch place, but you can make it at home for a fraction of the price!
How to Make Stuffed French Toast-
Preparing stuffed French toast is so simple and the recipe is ready in under 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. With a spatula, fold in the finely cubed strawberries.
- Spoon ⅓ of the filling onto a slice of bread. Top with a second slice and seal bread around the edges so the filling doesn’t ooze out. Repeat with remaining bread and filling.
- In a flat baking dish, combine the ingredients for the dipping egg/milk mixture. Set aside.
- Dip stuffed bread sliced into egg/milk mixture coating boat sides of bread, shake off any excess. Place dredged bread onto a plate.
- Add butter and oil to a large skillet over med/high heat. Once butter melts, add stuffed French toast to the skillet.
- Cook French toast 2-3 minutes per side, flipping halfway through cooking.
Cheesecake Strawberry French Toast-
There’s not really much that can go wrong when preparing this easy stuffed French toast, here are some TIPS to ensure the best stuffed french toast.
- Don’t keep the bread dipped in the milk mixture too long, it will get too soggy. Quickly dredge bread and remove.
- The skillet cannot be TOO hot, it will burn the bread and not allow the cheesecake filling to heat. The skillet needs to be med/hot in the heat.
- If you aren’t able to fit all three toasts into one skillet, clean skillet after the first batch of toast and before adding the second batch.
- Be sure to use thick bread slices or cut Italian bread loaf into thick slices.
How to serve French toast-
The French toast may be served plain, with maple/regular syrup or whipped cream.
I hope you love this Strawberry French Toast Recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this recipe, we love seeing your creations. #ValentinasCorner
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: What’s your favorite topping for French toast? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- 6 slices thick brioche or French bread
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Combine all the ingredients for the egg/milk mixture.
- Spoon filling on a slice of bread and top with another piece of bread to create sandwich. Do this to three slices. Then, carefully dip into the egg/milk mixture.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until a golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with maple or regular syrup, whipped cream or fresh strawberries!