Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast Recipe. Classic french toast stuffed with a strawberry cheesecake filling. The perfect recipe for breakfast or brunch!
Easy Stuffed French Toast Recipe-
Sometimes you want to have something more than a classic French toast recipe for breakfast or brunch. This cheesecake stuffed French toast is your solution. The chunks of fresh strawberries combined with cream cheese truly feels like you are having a fancy cheesecake for breakfast. The bread is dipped into an egg and milk mixture and cooked until bread is crispy and stuffing melts. Pure amazingness in EVERY BITE!
How to Make Stuffed French Toast-
Preparing stuffed French toast is so simple and the recipe is ready in under 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. With a spatula, fold in the finely cubed strawberries.
- Spoon ⅓ of the filling onto a slice of bread. Top with a second slice and seal bread around the edges so the filling doesn’t ooze out. Repeat with remaining bread and filling.
- In a flat baking dish, combine the ingredients for the dipping egg/milk mixture. Set aside.
- Dip stuffed bread sliced into egg/milk mixture coating boat sides of bread, shake off any excess. Place dredged bread onto a plate.
- Add ½ Tbsp butter and ½ tsp oil to a large skillet over med/high heat. Once butter melts, add stuffed French toast to skillet.
- Cook French toast 2-3 minutes per side, flipping halfway through cooking.
Cheesecake Strawberry French Toast-
There’s not really much that can go wrong when preparing this easy stuffed French toast, here are some TIPS to ensure the best stuffed french toast.
- Don’t keep the bread dipped in the milk mixture too long, it will get too soggy. Quickly dredge bread and remove.
- The skillet cannot be TOO hot, it will burn the bread and not allow the cheesecake filling to heat. Skillet needs to be med/hot in heat.
- If you aren’t able to fit all three toasts into one skillet, clean skillet after the first batch of toast and before adding the second batch.
- Be sure to use thick bread slices or cut Italian bread loaf into thick slices.
How to serve French toast-
The French toast may be served plain, with maple/regular syrup or whipped cream.
I hope you love this Strawberry French Toast Recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this recipe, we love seeing your creations. #ValentinasCorner
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: What’s your favorite topping for French toast? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- 6 slices thick brioche or French bread
- 1 tsp Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp butter, to cook toast
- Cube the strawberries. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. With a spatula fold in the cubed strawberries. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for the egg/milk mixture.
- Spoon filling on a slice of bread and top with another piece of bread. Do this to three slices.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Once hot, place french toast into the skillet.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until a golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with maple or regular syrup, whipped cream or fresh strawberries!