Zucchini Bread is a blend of two amazing bread loaves, banana bread and zucchini bread! The bananas combined with shredded zucchini are wonderful and the chocolate chips add texture and sweetness to the bread loaf.
BANANA ZUCCHINI BREAD-
This quick bread is a great way to hide veggies, especially when zucchini is in season. The sweet and ripe bananas add so much flavor and it’s that perfect balance of flavor.
- Flour – all-purpose flour will work just fine.
- Baking soda & powder – helps the bread loaf to rise.
- Cinnamon – extra flavors!
- Bananas – we need ripe or overripe bananas!
- Zucchini – shredded or finely chopped zucchini.
- Oil – gives you a moist bread loaf.
- Vanilla – for added flavors.
- Eggs – binding agent for the load.
- Sugar – sweetener for the bread.
- Salt – balance out the flavors.
- Chocolate chips – milk chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, white chocolate, semi sweet, or dark chocolate chips.
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI BANANA BREAD-
You won’t believe how fast this zucchini bread can be whipped together!
- Prep– Preheat the oven to 355°F and line a 9×5 inch bread pan with parchment paper.
- Dry ingredients– In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Wet ingredients– In a large mixing bowl, whisk the grated zucchini, mashed banana oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Combine– Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently mix until well combined.
- Add morsels– Fold in the chocolate chips and pour the bread batter into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake– Bake the bread at 355°F for about 45-50 minutes or until golden.
- Cool– Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
If stored properly, this zucchini bread will stay fresh, soft, and moist for days!
- Storing at Room Temperature– You can wrap this loaf with plastic wrap, add in a plastic bag or store in an airtight container at room temp for up to 2-3 days.
- Storing in Fridge– Store the bread in the fridge for up to 3-4 days!
- Freezing– Once the loaf has completely cooled, wrap the bread in plastic wrap then in foil andadd to a freezer safe pastic bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
We love freezing this loaf in individual slices. Then, when craving a slice we just take one slice out, thaw, and enjoy! Reheat for a few second
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
No! The juices from the zucchini will add moistness to the bread.
No, you do not need to peel the zucchini, just be sure to trim the ends of the zucchini. However, you can if you don’t like the skin.
Yes, you can totally leave the chocolate chips out and substitute them for mixed nuts, such as walnuts or pecans. You can even add dried fruit such as dried cherries or cranberries.
This bread is best if baked in a 9”x5” bread pan.
If you insert a toothpick into the center of the bread loaf and it comes out clean, the bread is ready.
Yes, you can use frozen bananas just be sure to thaw the bananas before using them.
Yes, you can use frozen zucchini spirals for this recipe, just be sure to thaw and drain some of the water.
MORE BANANA BREAD Recipes-
What better way to use up ripe and overripe bananas than making bread? Here are some of our favorite recipes:
- Classic Banana Nut Bread
- Banana Pecan Bread
- Peanut Butter Choc Banana Bread
- Banana Carrot Bread
- Choc Chip Banana Bread
Easy Banana Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 355 °F.
- Prepare 9”x5” bread pan. Cover with parchment paper and lightly coat with baking spray, dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs about 2 minutes.
- With a fork mash the bananas. Grate zucchini. Add bananas, zucchini, oil, salt and vanilla to sugar/egg bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix; add remaining flour and mix. Add chocolate chip morsels, mix, leave a few morsels.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, add the leftover morsels. Bake in preheated oven at 355°F for 40-50 min. Check readiness with a toothpick, it will come out clean if ready.