The best double Chocolate Banana Bread recipe! Moist and rich chocolate banana bread loaf loaded with chocolate chips, that perfect bread loaf loaded with chocolate flavor!
CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD-
This recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream! Rich double chocolate banana bread with chocolate chips and peanut butter. The banana flavor isn’t overpowering but combined with chocolate and peanut butter, it truly is divine.
Enjoy the double chocolate banana bread with a cup of our homemade Caramel Brulee Latte.
This chocolate banana bread requires a few basic pantry ingredients and some bananas and you are good to go!
- Flour – all purpose flour works just fine!
- Baking soda & powder – helps the loaf rise and keep shape.
- Cocoa powder– unsweetened cocoa powder, we use Hershey’s.
- Eggs– large eggs, as binding agent.
- Sugar – granulated sugar as the sweetener.
- Peanut butter – traditional creamy peanut butter or natural peanut butter both work.
- Butter – unsalted butter is best.
- Oil and sour cream– helps give the loaf it’s moist texture.
- Bananas– Be sure to use ripe bananas for the best results.
- Chocolate chips– Load your bread with chocolate chips! We love using mini morsels, regular morsels and sometimes chocolate chunks for this recipe.
Add texture and flavor to your bread batter, here are some ideas:
- Chopped nuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds
- Chopped peanut butter cups
- White chocolate chips
- Crushed oreos
- Shredded coconut
- Peanut butter chips
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD-
- Dry ingredients: In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and soda with cocoa. Set aside.
- Wet ingredients: Then in a separate bowl, mash bananas and add the sour cream, oil, vanilla, peanut butter and combine.
- Cream butter+sugar: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in one egg at a time. Whisk in the banana mixture.
- Add choc chips: Fold in choc chips.
- Add to pan: Transfer batter to bread loaf pan and layer with peanut butter.
- Bake: Bake the banana bread until baked through. Cool on a wire rack, slice and enjoy!
Turn Recipe into Banana Muffins: Make this bread batter into chocolate banana bread muffins! Yes, just add the batter to muffin liners and bake at 355°F for about 18-20 minutes.
- Room temp: Store this bread in a tightly sealed plastic bag or container at room temp for up to 2-3 days.
- Fridge: Refrigerate for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Once bread is cooled, wrap tightly with plastic wrap and add to a freezer bag. Freeze 2-3 months.
More Banana Bread Recipes-
We have a whole roundup with the best recipes using bananas HERE, but here are some of our most popular banana bread recipes:
- Classic Banana Bread
- Moist Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Banana Pecan Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Add the sour cream, oil, vanilla and peanut butter.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in one egg at a time.
- Add the banana mixture and combine.
- Add in half the flour mixture and whisk together. Add the rest of the flour, mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chip morsels, reserving a few tablespoons.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into bread pan.
- Add drops of peanut butter over the batter. Gently pour remaining batter over the peanut butter. Add reserved chocolate chip morsels over batter.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean if inserted into the center of the loaf. (Bake time may slightly vary depending on your oven).
- Allow loaf to cool a bit. With a sharp knife, run around the edges of the loaf to release sides.