Learn how to make a Banana Milkshake recipe from scratch! With just 4 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of time, you can enjoy this homemade creamy and smooth banana shake from the comfort of home.
This creamy and smooth banana shake is truly the BEST in taste and texture! If you love bananas, you have got to try this hearty milkshake recipe. With just under 5 minutes of work, you can be sipping on this smoothie.
Bananas contain vitamins, minerals, potassium, and fiber and are a good source of protein making it a great way to stay full.
Why you’ll LOVE this recipe:
- So easy to make!
- Loved by kids and adults.
- Great breakfast or snack option.
- So much cheaper to make yourself.
Why we love this simple milkshake recipe is that you can have it ready with just 4 simple ingredients!
- Ice Cream- This recipe calls for vanilla ice cream! Your favorite vanilla ice cream will work.
- Bananas- Fresh ripe bananas or frozen bananas will work for this recipe.
- Milk- You want to add whole milk for creaminess and to thin out the smoothie. If you like a thicker milkshake add less milk.
- Vanilla- We like to add vanilla extract for added flavor.
The key to the best milkshake is the toppings that you add once the shake is blended. Here are some ideas of toppings that may be used:
- Whipped Cream
- Canned Cherries
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Crushed Vanilla Wafers
- Biscoff Cookies
HOW TO MAKE A BANANA MILKSHAKE-
This creamy shake comes together in no time, just throw everything into the blender and let the blender do the work. With just a few minutes of prep time, you can be sipping on a homemade milkshake
- Blend- Add the ice cream, banana slices, milk, and vanilla into the blender. Close the lid and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Serve- Pour mixture into serving glasses, top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
There are different variations you can get with different add-ins! Here are some of our favorite ways to level up this drink:
- Peanut Butter- Add some peanut butter to the blender for a delicious peanut butter banana milkshake.
- Chocolate Banana- Switch out the vanilla ice cream for chocolate ice cream for a chocolate banana milkshake.
- Caramel Banana- Drizzle some caramel or dulce de leche LINK into the shake for caramel flavor.
- Banana Split- Serve the shake with hot fudge, peanuts, canned cherries, and whipped cream for the ultimate banana split milkshake.
- Strawberry Banana- Add some strawberries or strawberry ice cream for added flavors for a strawberry banana milkshake.
- Coffee Banana- If you love coffee and bananas you need to try this! Dissolve some instant coffee with some water and add to the blender for some crunch!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes! Experiment with different flavors of ice cream for different banana shake flavors!
1 pint of ice cream is equivalent to 2 cups of ice cream.
Yes! All you need to do is substitute the dairy ingredients for dairy-free ingredients such as dairy-free milk like almond milk, oat milk or coconut milk and non-dairy ice cream.
Yes, we like using heavy whipping cream instead of milk when we want a creamier and thicker shake. Half and half may also be used.
It’s all in the amount of milk you add! For thinner add more milk or for a thicker shake add less milk.
OTHER DRINK RECIPES-
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Iced Coffee Recipe
- Homemade Peach Tea
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade
Banana Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the ice cream, bananas, whole milk, and vanilla into a blender.
- Close the lid and blend until rich and creamy.
- Pour into glasses, top with desired toppings and serve.