This is the BEST Chocolate Milkshake Recipe made from scratch with simple ingredients and ready to be enjoyed in a few minutes! The milkshake is rich and smooth and so flavorful.
Chocolate Milkshake Recipe-
I must admit, I love myself a good milkshake, especially when I’m running errands and out and about. McDonald’s and Chick-Fil-A are by far my favorite for a drive-through drink.
This homemade version is so much better because it’s not only cheaper but it’s so easy to make and has the taste just like the one you’d get at the restaurant!
|What is the Difference Between a Milkshake and a Smoothie?
Milkshakes are dairy based with ice cream and sweeteners while smoothies are fruit based with added milk or yogurt and sweetener.
Why you’ll LOVE this Recipe:
- Easy to make
- Tastes just like the restaurants
- Can be customized
- Saves so money
What is a Milkshake? A milkshake is a cold beverage made by blending milk, ice cream, syrup or sweeteners.
Ingredients for Chocolate Milkshake:
With just 3 simple ingredients, you can enjoy the homemade milkshake. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ice Cream- Use your favorite chocolate ice cream brand. You can also use vanilla ice cream instead of chocolate.
- Milk- We used whole milk but you can substitute for 2%.
- Syrup- Your favorite chocolate syrup will work, we used Hershey’s brand.
- Peanut Butter- Add 3-4 Tbsp of creamy peanut butter into the blender before blending.
- Bananas- Fresh or frozen bananas are a great way to get in some protein and potassium into your shake.
- Mint- Use 3-4 Ande’s mint candy bars for that hint of mint flavor.
- Nutella– Add 3-4 Tbsp of the hazelnut spread into the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
How to Make a Chocolate Milkshake-
This recipe is so easy, that it almost doesn’t even need detailed instructions. If you’ve been wanting a blender, we have this set and absolutely love it!
- Add the ice cream, milk and syrup to a blender.
- With a blender on high for two to three seconds or until smooth and pour into your serving glass.
- Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
There are so many different ways to serve the chocolate shake and personalize it:
- Vegan- you can substitute almond or coconut milk and vegan ice cream.
- Oreos- add oreo for that cookie flavor, and break up the cookie for easy blending.
- Mocha- substitute half of the milk with coffee for a mocha flavor.
More Milkshakes and Smoothies:
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The BEST Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp chocolate-flavored syrup
- In a blender, add the ice cream, milk and syrup.
- Cover and blend on high for 2-3 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.