The perfect recipe for the BEST Strawberry Milkshake that is creamy, sweet, thick, and packed with flavors! Fresh strawberries blended with milk, ice cream, and vanilla, making the creamiest homemade milkshake. Just like our homemade chocolate milkshake, this shake is going to become a summertime favorite.
There is nothing better than a sweet and refreshing milkshake loaded with strawberries any time of year! Just like our Strawberry Banana Smoothie, this sweet treat is going to become a family favorite!
MILKSHAKE VS SMOOTHIE– Although milkshakes and smoothies are very similar, they are still different.
- Milkshakes are dairy-based, usually made with ice cream, fruits, and flavored sweetened syrups.
- Smoothies are mainly fruit or veggie-based, and usually a healthier option.
What is Strawberry Milkshake Made of? You may be surprised that all you need is 5 simple ingredients for the strawberry smoothie!
- Ice Cream– This recipe calls for vanilla ice cream! You can use any vanilla ice cream you like, we LOVE vanilla bean ice cream for this milkshake.
- Strawberries– Fresh strawberries are the best for this recipe!
- Milk– You want to add whole milk for creaminess and to thin out the smoothie. If you like a thicker milkshake add less milk.
- Vanilla– For extra flavors!
- Sweetener– Though we didn’t use any because I don’t like really sweet smoothies, you can add honey as a sweetener.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE-
In just 5 minutes, you can be sipping on this creamy and delicious homemade strawberry milkshake recipe, a McDonald’s copycat recipe!
- Prep– Clean and quarter the strawberries.
- Blend– Add the ice cream, strawberries, milk, and vanilla into a blender and blend until well combined. If using frozen strawberries, blend those who will milk first.
- Serve– Pour into serving glasses and top with desired toppings and enjoy!
There are several ways that you can level up your classic strawberry milkshake!
- Mixed Berry– Make this shake a mixed berry drink and add in other fresh berries, such as raspberries and blueberries.
- Oreo Strawberry– Add some oreos to the blender for an Oreo Strawberry Shake.
- Chocolate Strawberry– For a chocolate strawberry shake add some cocoa powder or chocolate syrup to the recipe.
- Double Strawberry– For enhanced strawberry flavor, use strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream. You can even use strawberry milk for more flavors!
- PB&J– Add a scoop of peanut butter to the shake for a peanut butter and jelly inspired drink.
For the ultimate milkshake experience, you want to add toppings to the shake! Here are some of our favorite toppings to add:
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- Strawberry Syrup
- Crushed Oreos
- Crushed Graham
- Canned Cherries
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
1 pint of ice cream is equivalent to 2 cups of ice cream.
Yes! All you need to do is substitute the dairy ingredients for nondairy ingredients, such as almond milk or coconut milk and non-dairy ice cream.
Yes, we like using heavy whipping cream instead of milk when we want a creamier and thicker shake.
Yes! You can use vanilla, strawberry, banana, cookies and cream, and chocolate ice cream for this strawberry smoothie.
Although we recommend using fresh strawberries for easier blending. You can use frozen strawberries, just blend down with the milk before adding the ice cream to avoid over blending your shake.
It’s all in the amount of milk you add! For thinner add more milk or a thicker shake add less milk.
OTHER DRINK RECIPES-
- Iced Caramel Latte
- Southern Sweet Tea
- Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Homemade Peach Tea
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- Sparkling Peach Lemonade
Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 8 oz strawberries quartered
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the ice cream, strawberries, milk, and vanilla into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Pour into glasses and top with desired toppings and enjoy!