This Banana Bread Muffin Recipe is going to take your love for all things banana bread to a whole new level. Soft and moist banana bread muffins loaded with banana flavors– the perfect recipe for ripe bananas.
Though we love a good banana bread recipe (and have many different variations), these muffins are even better! They are quick to make, great for parties, and can be enjoyed plain or enjoyed with different variations.
THE BEST BANANA MUFFIN RECIPE-
The banana muffins are so soft and flavorful and you can have them whipped up and ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes, yes, please. They are the BEST kind of recipe for a quick breakfast, afternoon snack, or even dessert after dinner.
banana bread muffin INGREDIENTS-
- Eggs – you’ll need large eggs.
- Sugar – granulated sugar works great.
- Bananas – ripe or over ripe bananas, mashed them.
- Sour cream – substitute for greek yogurt if you don’t have sour cream.
- Vinegar – activates the baking soda.
- Oil – light olive oil, canola oil or vegetable oil may be used.
- Vanilla – adds flavor.
- Flour – all purpose flour will work just fine, measure then sift.
- Baking soda+powder – adds structure and gives the muffins shape.
- Cinnamon – adds flavor to the muffins.
How to Make Banana Bread Muffins:
This recipe comes together so quickly and it’s fail-proof, have your kids help for a fun time in the kitchen!
- Line muffin tin and preheat the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients, set the flour mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar and egg. Ass sour cream, vinegar, mashed bananas, oil and vanilla. Mix to combine the banana mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- Add the batter into the paper liners in the muffin pans.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean in the center of the cupcakes
- Cool cupcakes on a wire rack.
How to make Mini Muffins?
Use a mini muffin tin to make the mini muffins and just bake for 12-15 min at 355°F.
VARIATIONS AND ADD-INS:
This moist banana muffin recipe is the perfect base for a muffin. However, you can add so many different ingredients to upgrade the muffins:
- Nuts, chopped walnuts or pecans
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate frosting
- Cocoa for chocolate muffins
- Zucchini shredded
- Cream cheese frosting
Here’s how to store your baked and cooked banana bread muffins.
- Store: Store cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: Freeze muffins without the frosting in a freezer bag 2-3 months.
- Thaw: Thaw cupcakes in the fridge overnight. Heat for warm cupcakes.
MORE BANANA BREAD RECIPES:
Never let another overripe banana be thrown away. Be inspired to try a new banana bread recipe:
- Choc Chip Banana Bread Muffins
- Banana Pecan Bread
- Choc Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- Classic Banana Bread Recipe
- Banana Carrot Bread
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
Banana Bread Muffin Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 355°F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs for about 2 minutes.
- Whisk together sour cream and vinegar and add to mixture.
- Add bananas, oil and vanilla and add to the remaining ingredients, mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated, don’t overbeat.
- Divide the batter evenly between the liners.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins completely.