These Easy Peanut Butter Cookies are to die for! Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies that can be made in just 30 minutes.
EASY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPE-
This is the BEST peanut butter cookie recipe that you will ever try! The cookies are soft and chewy and packed with so much peanut butter flavor. We love whipping up a batch of these when craving something sweet, they are so easy and ready in no time!
The greatest thing about this recipe is that you most likely already have the peanut butter cookie ingredients on hand!
- Butter– You want to use room-temperature unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Sugar– Both granulated sugar and brown sugar is used in the cookies.
- Peanut Butter– Classic creamy peanut butter is best.
- Egg– The egg works as a binding agent in the cookie batter.
- Baking Soda & Powder– Helps the cookies hold their shape.
- Salt– A pinch of salt to enhance the flavors!
- Flour– You want to use good quality all-purpose flour for the best results!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES-
You are going to LOVE how easy it is to whip up these peanut butter cookies!
- Prep Baking Sheets– Preheat the oven and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Dry Ingredients– In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Wet Ingredients- In a separate large bowl, with a mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the peanut butter and egg and combine.
- Combine– Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Shape– Shape 24 even-sized balls and lay them onto the baking sheets. With a fork, flatten the cookies forming a crisscross pattern.
- Bake– Bake the cookies until lightly browned, remove and cool.
|CHEF’S TIP– Do not overbake the cookies or they will become hard.|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can make this batter up to 3 days ahead of time and store it in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, shape and bake!
Store these cookies in an air-tight container to keep them from drying out and becoming hard.
If stored correctly, these cookies can last up to 2 days.
Yes, these peanut butter cookies freeze great! You can freeze baked or prebaked!
Cookie Dough– After shaping the cookies, place them onto a baking sheet and freeze. Once frozen, transfer to freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months. Then remove and bake.
Baked Cookies– Once the baked cookies have cooled, transfer to freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months! Thaw at room temperature and reheat to enjoy!
Yes, just shape the cookies into balls and bake. Do NOT flatten with a fork. As soon as the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and press Hershey’s kisses into the center of each cookie.
No, we do not recommend you use natural peanut butter as it will result in a dry and crumbly cookie.
OTHER COOKIE RECIPES-
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Rice Krispies Treats
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- No-Bake Oreo Balls
- Snowball Cookies
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add the peanut butter and egg and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Form dough into 1" balls. Place the balls about 3-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten in a crisscross pattern using a fork.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-9 minutes until cookies just start to turn golden at the base. Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool.
NOTE: Recipe developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.