The best homemade recipe for quick Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! Soft, buttery, chewy cookies loaded with old fashioned oats, coconut flakes and raisins. Ready in under 10-minutes, you’ll love this quick recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies-
These truly are the best oatmeal cookies, and it’s such a simple recipe. From the texture of the cookie to the flavor, it’s an amazing recipe. The cookies are loaded with oats, raisins and coconut flakes. When served warm, the cookies are irresistibly addictive.
Since there are no chocolate chips in the cookies and with the added old fashioned oats and raisins, the cookies taste and seem healthy. Healthy is good. 😉
How to make the Best Oatmeal Cookies-
- Toast coconut flakes.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs.
- Beat in flour mixture.
- With a spatula, fold in the raisins, oatmeal and coconut flakes.
- Bake cookies.
TIP: Allow cookies to slightly cool before transferring them to a cooling rack or they’ll fall apart.
What are the ingredients for Chewy Oatmeal Cookies?
The ingredients for these oatmeal cookies are ones you most likely already have in your pantry and refrigerator.
- You’ll need flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, eggs, sugar, raisins, oatmeal, and coconut flakes.
Can I freeze Oatmeal Cookies?
Yes, these oatmeal cookies freeze well. Once the cookies have completely cooled, add to a freezer bag and freeze. Thaw cookies to enjoy. Reheat in the oven, if desired.
How to store Oatmeal Raisin Cookies?
To keep cookies soft and chewy, keep in an airtight container like THIS one.
Try these other COOKIE recipes:
Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins, lightly packed
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Spread out coconut flakes onto a baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until coconut flakes begin to take on a golden color. Set aside to cool.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar (brown and granulated sugar) until creamy.
- Beat in one egg at a time.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until well combined.
- With a spatula, fold in coconut flakes, raisins and oatmeal.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes for a chewy cookie.