Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies are so simple to make and are so delicious. Crunchy chocolate meringue on the outside and soft and chocolatey on the inside.
These Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies are amazing! It’s kind of like a chocolate chip cookie but in crunchy form. The cookies come together so quickly and are so much easier to make than most classic meringue cookies. This is a chocolate lovers dream.
The tarter acts as a stabilizer and adds volume to the meringue cookies. Fluffy and airy cookies that have so much flavor in every bite.
how to make chocolate chip meringue cookies-
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly beat in the vanilla and sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. The mixtures should be glossy.
- With a spatula, mix in the sifted cocoa.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chip morsels.
- Drop heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet, dust with cocoa if desired.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until dry. The cookies are ready when they are hard to touch.
TIP: Once cookies are baked, turn off the oven and open the door allowing the meringue cookies to cool a bit before removing them to room temperature.
how do I store meringue cookies?
These cookies are the best if stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week (though they probably can last long – they just never do at our home, ha!..).
This Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookie recipe that was shared with me by a coworker many years ago when I first got married and was working at an office job, we loved the recipes, it’s a keeper recipe for sure. I hope you love the meringue cookies as much as we do
Try these other great Dessert recipes:
- Sweet Crunch Bites– Crunchy dessert balls.
- Nutella Rice Krispie Treats– The best no-bake bars.
- Quick Banana Chocolate Muffins– Moist banana muffins with chocolate chips.
- Rice Krispie Treats-Classic rice Krispie treats with chocolate and dried fruit.
Chocolate Meringue Cookies Recipe
- Without turning off mixer, beat in the vanilla and sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form (about 3 minutes), the mixture will be glossy.
- Add cocoa to the mixture and with a wooden spoon or spatula, gently fold in the cocoa.
- Fold in the chocolate chips morsels.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until dry.
NOTE: This is an old post we are updating with new photographs, May, 2019.