Soft and moist chocolate cake layers with a strawberry puree and a creamy frosting topped with coconut shavings.
– Eggs – Sugar – All-Purpose Flour – Baking Powder – Cocoa Powder – Strawberries – Whipping Cream
1. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder. 3. Divide batter between baking pans and bake, cool layers completely.
4. In a blender, add the fresh strawberries, sugar, heavy cream and puree, set aside. 5. Cream together all the ingredients for the frosting.
6. Once the layers are cooled, cut the cake layers in half. Add one layer to your cake platter and spread puree. Top with frosting and close with another layer of chocolate cake.
7. Add the last chocolate cake layer and cover the top and the sides of the cake with the remaining frosting. 8. Decorate as desired and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
9. Cut the cake into slices and serve!