Classic Snowball Cookies are the best kind of cookie for Christmas or New Years. Buttery and nutty soft cookies coated in powdered sugar, you’ll love this recipe.
Some of the other popular names for the cookies are Russian Tea Cake, Snowdrops and Mexican Teacakes – I think snowball cookies fit the description best!
– Butter – Cheese – Sugar – Salt – Vanilla Extract – All-Purpose Flour – Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla. 3. Combine together flour and chopped walnuts. Add to the cream mixture and mix until well combined.
4. Shape the dough into 24 small ball-shaped cookies. 5. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, or until cookies begin to become golden.
6. Slightly cool cookies then roll them in powdered sugar until completely coated.