This hearty Split Pea Soup recipe is the ultimate comfort food! Chicken with vegetables and split peas cooked in a flavorful-packed broth.
This amazing split pea soup recipe is all you need for the cooler weather! Tender chicken chunks combined with vegetables, potatoes and split peas.
– Chicken Thighs – Oil – Celery Ribs – Carrots – Onion – Garlic – Bay Leaves – Chicken Broth – Split Peas
1. In a Dutch oven, saute heat 1 Tbsp oil and saute the cubed chicken thighs. Season to taste and cook until chicken is fully cooked.
2. Add the remaining 2 Tbsp oil in the Dutch oven along with the chopped onion, sliced carrots, celery and saute until the vegetables start to turn tender.
3. Pour in the chicken broth, bay leaves, and split peas and cook on medium/low heat for about 35-40 minutes (or until split peas are just about cooked through).
4. Add in the cubed potatoes and the set aside chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are cooked. Season to taste and top with greens.