This recipe for the Best Mashed Potatoes will become your favorite method of preparing potatoes.
Sour cream is the key ingredient for the creaminess mashed potatoes, something butter and milk alone cannot give!
– Potatoes – Salt – Milk – Butter – Sour Cream
1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2" cubes Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with 1" cold water. Season water with salt.
2. Cook on medium/high heat until you can easily pierce through potatoes with a knife. 3. In a small saucepan add the butter and milk and cook on med heat until butter is melted.
4. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain the water. 5. With a hand mixer, mix the potatoes until creamy and no lumps.
6. Pour the milk mixture into the potatoes and mix until potatoes become creamy. 7. Garnish with melted butter and herbs.