Uzbek Lagman is a recipe filled with many unique flavors. It’s something between a hearty soup and a light pasta.
This recipe is so unique and definitely not like any soup you’ve tried. It’s like a hearty soup and pasta mixed together.
– Canola Oil – Beef – Onion – Carrot – Potatoes – Red Pepper – Tomatoes – Garlic
1. Cube meat, peppers, carrots and potatoes. Chop onions and finely dice the tomatoes.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium/high heat. Once hot, add meat and cook it starts to brown.
3. Add onions to the meat and cook until onions are tender. Then add the tomatoes and garlic, cook 2 minutes, stirring as needed.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, peppers, and mix well. 5. Pour in water, seasonings and bay leaves, cook about 20-25 minutes, until all of the vegetables are tender.
6. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Drain and return to pot, cover to prevent from drying out.