Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Recipe for an easy baked Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. Chicken, corn, pepper and broccoli smothered in a cheesy and creamy rice mixture.
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs, boneless skinless
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 10 oz cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, cubed
- 1/3 cup red pepper, cubed
- 8 oz cheese, grated
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tsp table salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp breadcrumbs, or crushed crackers
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook rice according to package instructions, cooking 5 minutes less than the specified time on package.
Cut chicken thighs or breasts into bite-sized pieces. Sauté chicken pieces with cubed onion and butter until chicken is fully cooked, stirring as needed. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine cream sour cream, chicken soup, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Mix. Add the cooked rice, chicken pieces, soup mixture, broccoli florets, tomatoes, red pepper and 1/3 of the grated cheese to a 9”x13” casserole dish. Mix well to combine. Add remaining cheese over top of casserole. Sprinkle bread crumbs over cheese (or crushed crackers).
Cover casserole dish with foil, bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, bake another 15-20 minutes until ingredients bubble and cheese melts and is golden in color. Enjoy!