You are going to love this hearty and flavorful Braised Cabbage recipe, it’s a meal in itself! Chicken with vegetables and cabbage braised on the stovetop until tender and cooked.
The chicken, cabbage, and veggies are sauteed and seared and then slowly cooked on the stovetop until the cabbage is tender and melts in your mouth delicious!
– Olive Oil – Chicken Thighs – Onion – Carrot – Mushrooms – Garlic – Cabbage
1. Cube the chicken into bite-sized pieces or small slices. In a Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add sliced mushrooms into the pot and sauté until golden and remove. Saute the chopped onions and carrots until the veggies are tender. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the chicken and mushrooms back into the pot and mix to combine. 4. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, sour cream, broth, and seasoning.
5. Let the cabbage braise on medium heat for about 35-40 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.