Quick and EASY Cheesy Chicken and Rice Recipe. The creamy rice loaded with chicken, mushrooms and cheese will sure become a favorite.
The chicken and mushrooms combined with cheese and heavy whipping make for a creamy and hearty one-pot meal.
– Chicken Thighs – Olive Oil – Mushrooms – Onion – Rice – Chicken Broth – Water
1. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the seasoning, set aside.
2. Cube chicken into small uniform bite-sized pieces. In a Dutch oven, saute the chicken until fully cooked, season the chicken. Remove the chicken from the Dutch oven.
3. Meanwhile, clean and quarter the mushrooms. Saute until browned, add in the finely chopped onion and cook until onions are tender. Remove from Dutch oven.
4. Add the butter and garlic, cook, until the garlic is fragrant. 5. Add in the rice and stir.
6. Add the broth, water, salt and bay leaves, bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to medium and cook 15-17 minutes until the liquids evaporate and rice is completely cooked.
7. Turn off the heat and stir in the heavy whipping cream, cheese, and herbs. Serve immediately.