Crispy and flakey puff pastry filled with a sweet cherry filling topped with a sugar glaze.
– puff pastry sheets – cherry pie filling – cream cheese – sugar – egg wash
1. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar with a mixer until well combined.
3. Unroll the puff pastry sheet onto a floured surface. Cut the puff pastry into 6 equal triangles.
4. Add the cream cheese mixture onto three of the triangles, leave about ½” of space around the edge to secure the pies. Top with the cherry mixture filling.
5. Close the three pies with the other three triangles and pinch along the edges. Flip the pies and tuck the pinched edges under. Flip back over.
6. Repeat this with the rest of the pies and the next pastry sheet. Transfer the pies onto a prepared baking sheet. Brush the pies with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
7. Bake until flaky and golden brown and cool the hand pies. 8. Once cooled, drizzle with the sugar glaze or dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!