The BEST rice Krispie treats recipe! Classic rice Krispie treats loaded with rice Krispies cereal, marshmallows, and butter. Ready in just 15 minutes, this kid-approved dessert is so good.
This recipe is just as easy as our Nutella Rice Krispies and just as delicious!
THE BEST RICE KRISPIE TREAT RECIPE-
If you like easy and simple desserts, this ooey-gooey rice Krispies recipe is for you.
The dessert only needs 3 simple ingredients and 15 minutes of your time – winner! This sweet treat is loved by both adults and kids alike.
All you need to make CLASSIC Rice Krispie treats are just 3 simple ingredients.
- BUTTER– Unsalted butter is the key to this recipe.
- RICE KRISPIE CEREAL– We love using Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal for this recipe but you can use an off brand rice krispies also.
- MARSHMALLOWS– For this recipe you want to use fresh marshmallows. We prefer using the mini marshmallows because they melt a lot quicker than larger ones.
- ADD-INS– Depending on the type of variation you want, add the desired add-ins.
HOW TO MAKE RICE KRISPIE TREATS-
Okay, this recipe comes together really quickly. You’re going to want to have everything ready before you start.
- Prep baking sheet: Line a 9”x13” baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter: In a large pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows: Add the mini marshmallows and cook until butter and marshmallows melt, stirring frequently.
- Add cereal: Remove from heat and add in rice crispy cereal and vanilla, stirring quickly to fully incorporate.
- Transfer to pan: Transfer the rice krispie treat batter to the prepared baking sheet and press down with your fingers.
- Cut into squares: Cut into squares and enjoy.
RICE KRISPIE TREATS VARIATIONS-
The greatest thing about these delicious rice Krispie treats is that you can switch up the additives for different types of flavors!
- Nutty– Top the dessert bars with dried fruit, sliced nuts, and dried fruit for a nutty treat.
- Sprinkles– Add sprinkles to the treats for birthday parties and events.
- Peppermint– Add in some crushed peppermint into the mixture.
- Cookies and cream– Crush some oreos and them into your bars.
- Cranberry white chocolate– During christmas time add white chocolate chips and dried cranberries for the ultimate christmas treat!
- Peanut butter– Add peanut butter if you like a nutty flavor.
- Chocolate– Drizzle melted chocolate over top of the treats.
- Caramel– Add caramel candy into the mixture for caramel flavor.
- Dulce de leche– Drizzle some dulce de leche over your treats.
- Coconut– Add shredded coconut and chocolate for an Almond Joy flavor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Once the rice Krispie treats are cut into bars, store them in an airtight container at room temp up to 3 days.
This recipe is so easy we do not recommend freezing the treats!
If the bars are hard, the butter and marshmallows were heated at a very high temperature. You want the marshmallows to melt at a slow pace giving you a gooey mixture that turns soft.
Other EASY Desserts to Try-
- No-Bake Oreo Balls
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Banana Cake Recipe
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Snowball Cookies
- Cream Puff Recipe
The BEST Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9×13 glass dish with parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter. On medium heat, add marshmallows to melted butter and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove pot from heat and add the Rice Krispies cereal and vanilla. Mix quickly with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared glass dish. Spread with a wooden spoon. Run your hands under cold water and with dampened hands press mixture down.
- Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!