Taking Rice Krispie Treats to a new level. Traditional rice crispy treats that are so gooey and buttery topped with sliced almonds, dried fruit and drizzled with chocolate. This recipe is just as easy as our Nutella Rice Krispies to make and just as delicious!
Making the rice crispies is so easy, they are completely ready in 10 minutes! We love to make these whenever we make Chicken Quesadillas and the kids help with both – they love it!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
rice krispie treats-
The perfect recipe for rice Krispie bars you will try. Rice krispies cereal with melted butter and marshmallows. The rice krispie treats are so soft and when topped with sliced almonds, dried fruit and chocolate – it’s the most amazing recipe… EVER!
Though you can leave out the toppings on the rice crispies and just enjoy them the classic way, the topping truly are phenomenal and are a great variation to the classic recipe!
how to make rice krispie treats:
Okay, this recipe comes together really quickly. You’re going to want to have everything ready before you start. Be sure the baking dish is lined with parchment paper and greased. Chop the dried fruit of choice and melt the butter. Now you can begin.
TIP: This recipe is great using a Dutch Oven, the thick bottom keeps the ingredients from burning.
- Measure out the Rice Krispies cereal.
- In a large pot, over med heat, melt the butter.
- Add mini marshmallows and cook until butter and marshmallows melt, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add in rice crispy cereal, mixing quickly to fully incorporate.
- Transfer the rice krispie treats mixture into a baking sheet and press down.
- While the mixture is still warm add dried fruit and almonds, lightly press down.
- Drizzle chocolate over everything. NOTE: White or milk chocolate may be used. If you have both, use both!
- Cool rice krispies and enjoy!
TIPS for the perfect rice crispy treats:
- Be sure everything is measured out before starting.
- Don’t melt the butter and marshmallows at high heat. The treats will be TOO HARD! Melt over medium heat, it’s worth the wait.
- Keep the rice crispy treats covered so they don’t dry out.
- For the perfect rice crispies bars and easier cutting, run your knife under hot water.
how do I get marshmallow chunks in the treats-
- If you want chunks of marshmallows in the rice krispies treats, reserve about 1/3 of the marshmallows and don’t melt them. When adding the rice krispies cereal to the melted mixture, add the marshmallows then. It’s that easy.
what kind of dried fruit can I use?
You can use your favorite dried fruit to top these rice krispie treats. Raisins, craisins or cherries are all great toppings for the treats.
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE FOR SWEET BARS:
- Banana Zucchini Cake Bars– Great way to sneak in zucchini unnoticed.
- Banana Bread Muffins– Taking banana bread to a muffin level.
- Chocolate Chip Coconut Cake Bars– Simple cookie bars with coconuts.
Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup dried fruit
- 1/3 cup chocolate cunks, melted
- Line a 9×13 glass dish with parchment paper. Lightly grease and set aside.
- Measure out the Rice Krispies cereal. Chop dried fruit into small pieces. Prepare the almonds. Melt the chocolate.
- In a large pot, melt butter. On medium heat, add marshmallows to melted butter and stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add the Rice Krispies cereal. Mix quickly with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared glass dish. Spread with a wooden spoon. Run your hands under cold water and with dampened hands press mixture down.
- Spread the almonds and dried fruit immediately atop the rice krispies. Press down to warm krispie treats.
- Add melted chocolate to a Ziploc bag and cut the corner and drizzle all over the rice krispie treats.