The most amazing homemade Nutella Rice Krispie Treats Recipe. Though we enjoy making Classic Rice Krispies treats, these hazelnut Nutella Krispies are a family favorite, especially with the kids. Soft and chewy Krispie bars loaded with butter, marshmallows, cocoa, and Nutella that are made in 10 minutes.
Our popular Layered Nutella Cake is another recipe we love with the hazelnut spread.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
rice krispie treats recipe-
There are so many different variations to rice krispie treats (rice crispy treat bars). This variation is so good and no baking required. Rice Krispie cereal mixed with marshmallows, butter and hazelnut spread (Nutella). These are perfect to make when kids either want to help in the kitchen or are asking for kid-friendly dessert.
Buttery and gooey chocolate bars loaded with crispy cereals pieces. Not only is the recipes super easy and quick – it tastes amazing.
how to make nutella rice krispies treats-
So, these rice krispie treats come together really quickly. For everything to go smoothly, measure everything and prepare a baking dish before starting.
- In a bowl, combine the cereal with cocoa and mix.
- In a Dutch Oven (or any pot with a thick bottom), melt butter over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and keep stirring until the marshmallows completely melt.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in hazelnut spread.
- Quickly stir in rice cereal and mix vigorously until well combined.
- Transfer everything to a baking dish and gently pat the mixture down.
NOTE: DON’T melt butter and marshmallow over high heat. The mixture will burn and result in hard bars. For chewy and soft treats, take your time (yes, it’s hard – be patient).
do rice Krispy treats have to be refrigerated?
No, rice krispie treats may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to two days, best if used in one day.
can I freeze rice krispie treats?
Yes, store rice krispie treats in a freezer bag for up to one month. To enjoy, thaw and eat the same day.
These no-bake chocolate hazelnut bars are so GOOD. Chewy, soft and full of buttery marshmallows with cocoa and hazelnut spread. Perfect treats to make for the kids to pack for lunch or an afternoon snack with cold milk!
you’ll enjoy these easy kid-friendly desserts-
- Chocolate Chip Cookies– so soft and chewy.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies– perfect balance of flavors.
- Banana Bread Muffins– Banana bread in muffin form.
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 21 oz mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Nutella spread
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Combine cereal and cocoa in a bowl, set aside.
- Measure out the Nutella, set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows, keep stirring until the marshmallows melt completely.
- Remove from heat. Quickly stir in the Nutella.
- Add the cereal and mix vigorously.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and press down.
- Keep treats covered.
Original recipe was posted April, 2014. Post is updated Dec, 2019 with a video recipe.