This classic Chocolate Cupcake Recipe is the perfect cupcake for any occasion! Fluffy and moist basic cupcake batter with a chocolate frosting – an amazing combination of flavor.
We love this classic chocolate cupcake batter! The cupcakes come out so soft and fluffy – a chocolate lover’s dream.
– All-Purpose Flour – Cocoa Powder – Baking Powder – Baking Soda – Sugar – Eggs – Milk – Sour Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until combined. Add the milk, sour cream, vanilla extract and oil and combined.
4. Add in the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined. With a cookie scooper or ¼ measuring cup, divide the batter between the 18 cupcake liners.
5. Bake the cupcakes at 350°F for about 16-18 minutes or until golden. Remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
6. Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, top with the frosting then decorate and serve.