This recipe for classic Potato Pancakes from scratch is a breakfast staple and so easy to make! Potatoes mixed with seasoning, onion, and flour and fried to perfection.
These savory thin and crispy pancakes, also known as latkes are a classic in the Slavic community! They are so easy to make and so filling.
– Idaho or Russet Potatoes – Onion – All-Purpose Flour – Salt – Pepper – Olive Oil
1. Add the potatoes and onions into a blender, blend until smooth. 2. Put the mixture through a sieve to drain about 3-4 tablespoons of excess juice.
3. Add the potato puree into a bowl and stir in flour, salt, pepper and stir. 4. In a large skillet, add enough just to cover the bottom the bottom of a skillet.
5. Once the oil is added, add the potato mixture to the skillet using a 1/4 measuring cup scoops for even sized pancakes.
6. Saute the pancakes until golden and crispy about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to a paper lined tray. 7. Serve with sour cream.