This Mini Donut Recipe is a treat that both adults and children enjoy alike. Made without yeast they come together in minutes, you skip the waiting around for the yeast to rise.
To enjoy, just drizzle these quick donuts with Nutella, caramel or just dust with powdered sugar, there’s no wrong way to eat these fried mini donuts.
– ricotta cheese – egg – sugar – vanilla extract – baking powder
1. Mix all ingredients except for the flour until smooth. 2. Add flour and mix until incorporated.
3. Dump the dough onto a well-floured surface, then sprinkle liberally on top and press or roll into a 1-inch thick disk.
4. Use a 3-inch round cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as you can fit, then use a 3/4 inch cutter to cut out the middle. Collect scraps into a ball and repeat steps 3 & 4.
5. Heat about 1-inch or neutral oil in a heavy-bottomed pot and bring to 350°F degrees. Fry donuts in batches for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they’re golden in color.
6. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Drizzle Nutella on top or sprinkle with powdered sugar.