Soft and sweet Cherry Cheesecake Buns recipe. These homemade sweet buns with a cream cheese filling and topped with cherries are so GOOD! A simple and delicious dessert recipe everyone will approve of.
sweet buns recipe-
These sweet and soft homemade buns combined with the sweet cream cheese and cherry filling make for the perfect dessert! They are my go-to dessert to make if we ever have guests or just crave something sweet that’s comforting.
The dough of the buns is so soft once baked. The soft buns have a cream cheese filling and the cherry pie filling adds so much flavor to the already amazing dessert.
how to make sweet buns dough:
- In a bowl, add flour and create an opening in the center of the flour.
- pour 2 whisked eggs in the center.
- In a small saucepan, heat up butter, sugar, milk. Once warm remove from heat.
- Pour warm milk mixture into center of the flour.
- Sprinkle sugar and yeast over mixture, allow yeast to activate.
- Mix until ingredients well combined.
- Cover dough and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
NOTE: The brand of flour you use will make a difference in the amount needed. Start with 4 cups of flour. Add more flour, a few tablespoons at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the mixing bowl.
I mixed my dough by hand. The dough will lightly stick to your hand and that is what you want, but not the side of the bowl.
how to make cherry cheesecake buns:
- In a bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Set aside.
- Dust the surface with flour.
- Transfer dough onto working surface.
- Cut the dough in half. Then cut the half in half. Cut each have into 12 part equaling 24 pieces.
- Bring all the sides of the dough to the top, creating a center. Press the center, allowing room in the center for the filling.
how to assemble cherry cheesecake buns:
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray with baking spray.
- Transfer the shaped dough to baking pans.
- Take the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly into the wells of the buns.
- Add cherry pie filling over the cream cheese filling.
- Repeat until all the filling is used.
- Cover and set aside for the buns to rise 30 minutes.
- Whisk one egg for the egg wash, set aside.
- Prepare the crumb topping.
- Brush the sides of buns (the dough) with the egg wash. then generously top with crumble mixture.
- Bake cherry buns at 365°F for 20-22 minutes, or until buns are golden in color.
We LOVE to see your version of the Cherry Cheesecake Buns. Please tag us on social media 🙂 @ValentinasCorner and #ValentinasCorner.
Try these other GREAT desserts:
Cherry Cheesecake Buns
Cherry cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 large egg, whisked
- Preheat oven at Step 10 to 365°F.
- Butter 2 (9″x13″) rimmed baking pans, set aside.
- Place flour in a large bowl. In the middle of the bowl, create a large well. Whisk the 2 eggs and pour into the center of the flour.
- In a small saucepan, add butter, 1/2 cup sugar and milk. Heat until very warm but not hot (no warmer than 100 degrees).
- Pour milk mixture into the beaten egg. Sprinkle yeast over milk mixture, sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over yeast. Cover bowl and allow yeast to activate, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly, mix in the flour into the milk mixture until the flour it is fully incorporated and isn’t sticking to sides of the bowl. If mixing by hand, the dough will slightly stick to your hands.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap then a towel and allow to rise at room temp for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar, set aside.
- Lightly dust working surface with flour. Transfer dough and cut in half. Then cut in half again, cut 6 equal pieces. Repeat with remaining dough. You should have 24 total pieces.
- Working with lightly dusted fingers with flour, take a piece of dough and bring all the side together to the top. Then press in the center to create a well pushing down to allow room to add filling to the buns.
- Transfer the shaped buns to prepared baking pans. Repeat with all pieces.
- Take beaten cream cheese and divide it equally between the buns, lightly spread in the well of the buns. Top with cherry pie filling. Repeat until all of the filling is used.
- Set aside buns to rise 30 minutes.
Crumble and Egg Wash:
- Cube butter, add to a bowl with sugar and flour. Mush with a fork until you have an even crumble.
- Whisk one egg with a fork for the egg wash. Before putting buns in the oven, brush the sides of buns (the dough) with the egg wash then generously top with crumble.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until buns are golden in color.