Poppyseed cake cut into bars and coated with a dulce de leche cream and wafer crumbs. Such an easy and quick recipe.
The softest poppy seed cake bars dredged in a dulce de leche cream and coated with water and graham cracker crumbs. They taste like a really good cake but in individual-sized pieces.
– Eggs – Sugar – Oil – Sour Cream – Poppy Seeds – Baking Soda – Vinegar – All-Purpose Flour
1. Preheat oven to 355°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Add in oil, sour cream, poppy seeds, baking soda, and vinegar. Give a quick mix and sifted flour.
3. Add mixture into the prepared baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes. 4. Combine together cooked condensed milk and softened butter. Set aside.
5. With a hand blender, crush the graham crackers and wafers. Combine in a bowl, set aside. 6. Cut the poppy seed cake into either bars or strips. All equal sizes.
7. Coat the poppy seed bars into the dulce de leche cream. (Do not overcoat the bars or you will not have enough cream.) 8. Then dip into the crumbs. Keep covered for softness.