An easy recipe for fluffy and flavor-packed Rice Pilaf (plov). The pilaf is loaded with meat and carrots and baked in the oven, the perfect dinner recipe.
Rice pilaf is so versatile and can be customized to your personal preferences. Add in your favorite seasonings, veggies and protein.
– Beef Chuck – Olive Oil – Onion – Carrots – White rice – Garlic – Salt
1. Julienne the carrots into thin strands. We cut it into four parts then sliced and julienned each part.
2. Cut the onion in half, then thinly slice and cut into 3-4 parts. You don’t want it dice it. 3. Cube the beef into bite-sized pieces.
4. Saute the meat until browned, lightly season with salt and pepper. Add in the onion and cook until tender. Add the carrots and cook until tender.
5. Run the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Add the rice to a casserole dish. 6. Add the sauteed meat and vegetables and stir.
7. Add the water or brother and season. 8. Bake until water has fully evaporated. Fluff rice before serving.