These homemade ricotta Donut Holes (Ponchiki) are the perfect mini desserts for any occasion!
Soft and fluffy donut balls made with ricotta cheese and dusted with powdered sugar – the Ponchiki are indeed a taste of heaven!
– all-purpose flour – salt – baking powder – ricotta cheese – eggs
1. In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder, then set aside.
2. Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and ricotta cheese until combined. 3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a gooey batter is formed.
4. In a bowl, add flour and scoop out a tablespoon of batter and drop it into the flour to coat. Form into a round donut and repeat to make 35 – 40 donut holes.
5. Add oil to a large pot and heat oil. Once the oil is hot add in the donut holes and fry. 6. Once golden, remove from donuts and add to a plate lined with a paper towel.
7. After all the donuts are fried and slightly cooled dust with powdered sugar and enjoy.