A hearty soup loaded with potatoes, meat, veggies, and sorrel leaves! The green borscht is tangy yet so flavorful.
Green borscht is made with chicken, sorrel leaves, potatoes, boiled eggs, and sautéed vegetables.
– water – chicken broth – chicken thighs or breast – salt – Vegeta – ground black pepper – potatoes – olive oil – onion
HOW TO MAKE SORREL SOUP
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven bring water and broth to a boil.
2. Add the meat, and seasoning. Cook removing any scum that rises to the top. 3. Add potatoes to the pot, cook until potatoes are cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the onions until tender. Add carrots and cook until tender.
5. Add ketchup and sour cream, stir well.