This Creamy Chicken Casserole Recipe with bacon, mushrooms, and cheese is a really, really great idea!
The chicken is then baked in a creamy chicken sauce. Sauteed mushrooms and bacon top the casserole dish and then the entire casserole is loaded with grated cheese.
– Chicken Breasts – Eggs – Milk – Salt – Flour – Paprika – Pepper
1. Cut chicken breast into medium pieces (About 6-7 pieces per chicken).
2. Prepare the marinade. Combine the milk, eggs and salt. Place the chicken pieces into the mixture and let marinade 4 hours (or overnight).
3. Combine the ingredients for the flour mixture; the flour, paprika, pepper and salt.
4. Take the chicken from the marinade and coat generously in the flour mixture.
5. Add enough oil to the skillet to completely cover the bottom of the skillet, turn on med/high heat. Once the oil is hot, fry 6-8 minutes, until chicken is crispy, turning as needed.
6. While chicken is frying prepare the cream mixture; combine cream of chicken soup, sour cream, water, salt, paprika and pepper.
7. Once chicken cooks, transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel. 8. Cover the bottom of a 9″x13″ dish with some of the cream. 9. Add the chicken pieces to the casserole dish.
10. Completely cover with the remaining cream. 11. Add half of the cheese. Add the cooked bacon and sauteed mushrooms. 12. Bake 350° for 30 minutes, covered with foil.