This slow cooker pot roast recipe gives you the ultimate tender and juicy meat with veggies and potatoes.
The pot roast is flavorful and the added potatoes and veggies give you a SIMPLE one-pot dinner.
– Chuck Roast – Salt – Black Pepper – Garlic Powder – Oil
1. Generously season the meat with the salt, pepper, and the garlic powder on both sides. Rub seasoning into meat.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST SLOW COOKER POT ROAST?
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet until really hot. Place the meat into skillet and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes until crispy and browned. 3. Place meat into slow cooker.
4. Cut the celery sticks into three parts, add on top of the chuck beef. Cut onion in half and add in with the celery (on sides of meat).
5. In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, beef broth, salt, pepper, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, flour, basil, oregano, and paprika. 6. Pour into crockpot over the meat and celery.
7. Cook the meat 2-3 hours on high, or 4 hours on low. 8. Discard onion halves and celery sticks. 9. Wash the potatoes. Peel and cut the carrots into strands. Clean mushrooms.
10. Add the potatoes, carrots and mushrooms to the slow cooker covering with the liquid. 11. Cook 2-3 hours if cooking on high until meat is tender and vegetables cooked through.
12. Remove beef chuck from slow cooker. Pull apart with two forks. Place meat onto a serving platter, add the potatoes, carrots and mushrooms onto the platter.