This Vegetable Chicken Stroganoff Recipe is a much lighter and healthier version of the classic Russian chicken stroganoff recipe.
The classic recipe for Russian beef or chicken stroganoff is sautéed meat strips with mushrooms slices in a creamy sour cream sauce. It’s a popular recipe in our European community.
– Chicken Breasts – Canola Oil – Onion – Carrot – Pepper – Tomato – Salt
1. Cook pasta according to the package, drain. 2. Chop onion.
3. In a Dutch oven (or large skillet), on med/high heat, heat the oil. Once hot, add the chopped onions. Sautee until tender, stirring as needed.
4. Cut chicken into thin strands. Add to the onions, turn heat down to medium. Cook 5 minutes. 5. Add carrots, cook 2 minutes, stirring as needed.
6. Add peppers, cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring as needed. 7. Add cubed tomatoes. Mix. 8. Add flour and garlic, Mix. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add water. Bring to a soft boil. Cook 5 -8 minutes on medium heat, stirring as needed.