You cannot beat this homemade lemon loaf bread with the most delicious glaze. Moist and rich lemon loaf with a lemon cream cheese glaze – sweet and tangy and SO GOOD!
The fresh lemon zest and juice give the loaf a tangy and citrus flavor and combined with the lemon frosting, a perfect combination.
– Eggs – Sugar – Sour Cream – Canola Oil – Butter – Lemon Zest – Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with baking spray.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil, cooled melted butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice until mixture become fluffy.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until incorporated. 5. Pour the lemon bread batter into the bread pan. Bake for about 40-50 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth, add the powdered sugar and lemon juice and beat until creamy.
7. When the lemon bread is cooked, remove from pan and allow it to completely cool a cooling rack. 8. With a spatula, spread the lemon glaze over the loaf.