This Best Blueberry Lemon Cake Loaf truly is going to be one of the best blueberry cake loaves you have ever tried. The texture is so soft and delicate and just melts in your mouth.
The juicy fresh blueberries and lemon make a perfect combination and you are left wanting more, and more and more.
PIN this recipe to your dessert board HERE!
LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE
I love European sponge cakes like this one here. The tricky part is getting the flour added so the mixture doesn’t flatten and become dense. I found a new way of preparing sponge cakes and will use the concept from now on in my baking, it’s phenomenal (I use it in this Poppyseed Roulade recipe). The mixture never flattens and the sponge cake is so soft and airy, comes out perfect every time.
So, I thought to myself, perhaps this idea would work for a lemon blueberry cake loaf. I tried it. Oh, hold me back, folks. The whole loaf was gone in like 5 minutes. (The fact that we have five munchkins doesn’t help, but you get the drift.) It’s pure perfection. I agree, not the typical way to make a cake loaf, but it’s SOO good!
There are so many different sweet bread recipes in the world. The most popular is probably the banana bread. I love making banana bread and I really enjoy to experiment making the bread with different ingredients. Our family loves blueberries, so why not create a blueberry bread. This lemon blueberry cake loaf was created and was an instant hit. The taste of the fresh blueberries bursting with flavor combined in a sponge cake recipe is a taste you need to experience for yourself. It’s too good to pass up, hehe. Use these bread pans for this lemon blueberry cake loaf recipe.
CAN I USE FROZEN BLUEBERRIES?
This recipe calls for fresh blueberries, but you can also use frozen blueberries instead.
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
This lemon blueberry bread is a delicious recipe, and I believe it because of how well the ingredients flow together. I really like the taste that the lemon and lemon zest adds lemon blueberry bread. It’s such a wonderful compliment to the tart and lightly sweet blueberries. It brings kind of a sweet and sour taste this lemon blueberry cake loaf in every bite
TIP: So that the blueberries don’t all sink to the bottom of the pan, add them to the pan instead of into the bowl. Makes a huge difference.
CAN I FREEZE LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE LOAF?
This lemon blueberry cake loaf can also be frozen, just don’t add the glaze. Completely thaw cake loaf before enjoying.
When you thaw the frozen cake loaf, I even like to put it into my oven for a few minutes and get it warm again. It gives is a “just baked” taste!
BLUEBERRY BREAD RECIPE
This blueberry bread recipe is a great dessert recipe to make for a family night or when you’re having guests. It’s best if served warm but tastes just as good cold.
This blueberry bread is perfect for a cup of tea or coffee for breakfast or in the evening once the kids are asleep and you have some time to enjoy with your husband or just yourself – because you’re awesome. Grab yourself a book, your tea and a slice of bread and enjoy some quiet time.
This soft and delicious cake loaf with juicy blueberries and lemon with become a favorite. It's SOO Good.
- Cake loaf-
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese room temp
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and butter or coat with nonstick baking spray and lightly dust with flour.
- In a bowl add the blueberries and gently coat with the 1 tsp flour. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Place egg whites in one bowl and egg yolks in another.
- On high speed, with a mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar, continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Add sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and oil to the egg yolks. Beat until well incorporated and the mixture gains some volume, about 2 minutes. (You can use the same whisks as you did for the egg whites, no need to wash them).
- Pour egg yolk mixture in egg whites/sugar. On low-speed beat just until everything is combined.
- Add flour mixture in two parts. Add half the flour beat on low-speed, add remaining flour and beat again until well combined.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into your pan. Add 1/3 of the blueberries. Pour remaining mixture and spread evenly. Add remaining blueberries.
- Bake 40-55 minutes. Check center of loaf with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the cake it ready.
- Once loaf cools a bit, remove from pan and set on a baking rack to completely cool.
- Beat all the ingredients for the glaze. Either spread glaze over the entire loaf or place in drizzle over the loaf.
- Enjoy, friends.
Once the loaf is completely cooled. You can just dust it with powdered sugar and enjoy. Or you can make the glaze and either spread it over the loaf or drizzle it.
OTHER BREAD RECIPES TO TRY:
The Best Cranberry Orange Bread- Soft and moist bread loaf with fresh cranberries, orange zest and a simple lemon glaze.
Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Bread- Banana bread with zucchini and chocolate chips.