The easiest Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe, an Olive Garden copycat recipe. This is the perfect bowl of soup during the cooler weather, ready in just under 30 minutes.
Zuppa is translated to soup and Toscana to Tuscany (Tuscan), a region in Italy. The soup is traditionally made with kale, potatoes in a hearty cream.
– Bacon – Italian Sausage – Onion – Olive Oil – Carrot – Garlic – Water – Chicken Broth
1. In a Dutch oven or large pot, saute the choped bacon until fully cooked. on medium heat. Remove from pot.
2. In the same pot, add the ground sausage and brown on medium/high heat until cooked. Remove from pot.
3. With the leftover bacon fat and 2 tsps oil saute the chopped onion until tender. Add the shredded carrots to the onions and saute until tender and cooked.
4. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant. 5. Pour in the water and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a light boil. Add the diced potatoes, and seasonings into the pot.
6. Add in the kale, cooked sausage, bacon, and heavy whipping cream to the soup and cooked for an additional 5 minutes.