This Stuffed Peppers Recipe is not your traditional recipe. It uses minimal ingredients, is so easy to prepare and the results are phenomenal. Tender peppers with a sausage filling in a homemade marinara sauce and topped with cheese.
How to make Stuffed Peppers-
- Cut off tops of peppers, slice in half and deseed. Pour hot water over the peppers, set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the Italian sausage stuffing.
- Prepare the homemade marinara sauce.
- Drain peppers and stuff with meat.
- Cover peppers with marinara sauce and cheese.
- Bake and enjoy!
What kind of marinara can be used for stuffed peppers?
I prefer to make homemade marinara per instruction in the recipe. However, if you want to skip this step, your favorite marinara may be used instead.
Tip: For tender peppers, once you deseed them and cut in half, cover them with hot water.
What kind of pepper can I use?
If you like spicy, that is the best way to go. It gives it a wonderful kick and makes the recipe so much more enjoyable. You can use your favorite hot pepper, a hot green pepper or banana pepper would great (anything in that family).
If you don’t want spicy, a Hungarian or cubanelle pepper may be used. You can also use half the peppers as spicy and half as sweet peppers.
I hope you loved this easy Stuffed Peppers Recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this recipe. We love to see your creations. #ValentinasCorner
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY:
- Cabbage Rolls– Ukrainian classic.
- Pasta and Meat in Skillet– For busy evenings.
- Flounder with Vegetables Recipe– For the seafood lovers.
Stuffed Pepper Recipe
prepare homemade marinara-
- In a skillet, heat oil and butter. Once hot, add onion. Saute until tender.
- Add celery and carrots, cook until carrots and celery are tender and fully cooked.
- Add the canned tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer sauce from pan to a handheld mixer (or blender) and blend until smooth. Return to skillet and turn heat down to simmer.
- In a bowl, combine the sausage, chopped jalapenos, garlic, and onion, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix until well incorporated.
- Cut the peppers in half and deseed.
- Stuff the peppers with the sausage and place into a casserole dish.
- Add the marinara sauce over the peppers.
- Add the cheese over top.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
- Uncover dish and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbles.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!