This Stuffed Peppers Recipe is not your traditional recipe. It uses minimal ingredients, is so easy to prepare and the results are phenomenal. Tender peppers with a sausage filling in a homemade marinara sauce and topped with cheese.
PIN this to your Entree Board HERE!
How to make Stuffed Peppers-
- Cut off tops of peppers, slice in half and deseed. Pour hot water over the peppers, set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the Italian sausage stuffing.
- Prepare the homemade marinara sauce.
- Drain peppers and stuff with meat.
- Cover peppers with marinara sauce and cheese.
- Bake and enjoy!
What kind of marinara can be used for stuffed peppers?
I prefer to make homemade marinara per instruction in the recipe. However, if you want to skip this step, your favorite marinara may be used instead.
Tip: For tender peppers, once you deseed them and cut in half, cover them with hot water.
What kind of pepper can I use?
If you like spicy, that is the best way to go. It gives it a wonderful kick and makes the recipe so much more enjoyable. You can use your favorite hot pepper, a hot green pepper or banana pepper would great (anything in that family).
If you don’t want spicy, a Hungarian or cubanelle pepper may be used. You can also use half the peppers as spicy and half as sweet peppers.
I hope you loved this easy Stuffed Peppers Recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this recipe. We love to see your creations. #ValentinasCorner
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY:
- Cabbage Rolls– Ukrainian classic.
- Pasta and Meat in Skillet– For busy evenings.
- Flounder with Vegetables Recipe– For the seafood lovers.
Tender peppers stuffed with a sausage filling in a homemade marinara sauce and topped with cheese.
- 6-7 peppers
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 8 oz provolone cheese, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, finey chopped
- 2 (14.5 each) cans tomatoes
- 1/2 celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
In a skillet, heat oil and butter. Once hot, add onion. Saute until tender.
Add celery and carrots, cook until carrots and celery are tender and fully cooked.
Add the canned tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer.
Transfer sauce from pan to a handheld mixer (or blender) and blend until smooth. Return to skillet and turn heat down to simmer.
In a bowl, combine the sausage, chopped jalapenos, garlic, and onion, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Mix until well incorporated.
Cut the peppers in half and deseed.
Stuff the peppers with the sausage and place into a casserole dish.
Add the marinara sauce over the peppers.
Add the cheese over top.
Cover with foil, and bake at 400°F for 35 minutes.
Uncover dish and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbles.
Serve hot. Enjoy!