This recipe is the BEST sweet crepe recipe! Thin crepes with a sweet creamy ricotta cream cheese sautéed until crispy – so delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet crepe recipe-
Growing up in a Ukrainian home, we had crepes on a regular basis. They were either filled with a savory meat filling or a farmer’s cheese sweet filling and topped with berries or whipped cream.
Farmer’s cheese is sometimes hard to come across so we share this easier version of ricotta cheese and it’s phenomenal. The cream cheese combined with ricotta cheese, sugar, and vanilla rolled up in delicate thin crepes is an amazing combination.
Prepare and cook crepes-
Use our basic recipe for preparing the crepes. Find the detailed tutorial on how to make the crepes in THIS post.
- In a blender, add the milk, eggs, oil, flour, salt, and sugar – blend together.
fill and Assemble crepes-
- Prepare Cream. In a bowl, cream together the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. TIP: The filling and crepes may be prepared a day in advance, covered, and refrigerated.
- Assemble Crepes. Spread a thin layer of the ricotta filling over the crepe and roll the crepe into a log.
Cook the crepes-
With the creamy ricotta filling, it’s best if the crepes are baked or sauteed.
- Saute– To saute the crepes, cut the crepes into half. Saute the crepes with 2 Tbsp butter melted butter until crepes are golden on both sides.
- Bake– To bake the crepes, cut into 3 or 4 parts and arrange them in a baking dish adding slices of butter between the layers. Cover the dish with foil. Bake in a preheated oven to 365°F for 25-35 minutes until butter melts and crepes are heated.
How to serve the crepes-
Once cooked, the crepes are ready to be enjoyed. Though we love the sauteed crepes with sour cream, here are some other toppings that will be a great addition to the sweet-filled crepes:
- Fresh berries
- Whipped cream
- Drizzle dulce de leche
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Your favorite jam or jelly
How to freeze sweet crepes-
These crepes freeze well. Once rolled up, add the crepes to a gallon freezer bag (or cut in half and freeze in a smaller bag). Thaw in the refrigerator and saute to serve.
Having frozen crepes is a great way to enjoy sweet crepes whenever you’d like.
These homemade crepes bring back so many memories from my childhood. We had a large family and this was a treat we could afford often. I hope they will become a family favorite for you as well.
Sweet Crepe Recipe with Ricotta Filling
- 1 recipe for basic crepes
- 4 Tbsp butter, sauteeing
- sour cream, serving (optional)
prepare and assemble crepes-
- Prepare one recipe of the classic crepes.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese until cream. Add the ricotta cheese, vanilla and sugar and mix until well combined.
- Layout a crepe, generously coat crepe with creamy ricotta filling. Roll tightly and continue with all the crepes. Cut the crepes in half or thirds.
- In a skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add the filled crepes and saute over medium heat until cripsy and golden on both sides.