A delicious recipe for my version of stir-fry, chicken with vegetables & pasta. Your favorite pasta with an amazing Japanese inspired sauce, with chunks of tender chicken thighs and vegetable. This Chicken Vegetables & Pasta Stir Fry is the perfect dinner recipe.
We really enjoy going out to Japanese or Chinese restaurants. I really like stir-fry. The only problem is, I am so picky and it’s really hard to find that “perfect” stir-fry. It’s either way too sweet or doesn’t have enough soy sauce it in or the soy sauce overkills the rest of the ingredients. It is so expensive to go out on a regular basis so we usually eat at home. I absolutely love to try and find different recipes that we can enjoy at home yet feel like we went out because they were that delicious. Our kiddos were craving Japanese noodles once and we just didn’t want to go. I thought I’d try to create a recipe that they’d all LOVE and we could feel like we went out. This is the result of that trial! It’s a phenomenal recipe. Pasta with chicken, mushrooms, broccoli and an amazing sauce. All of the ingredients come together for a perfect recipe.
You can use your favorite pasta. I’ve used spaghetti, fettuccine, and even angel hair pasta. However, I think linguine is my favorite. It’s not too thin and not too thick. It’s kind of like classic chicken and Alfredo recipe, which pasta do you enjoy most with it. Btw, have you tried our recipe for it, rave reviews! Speaking of recipes, if you enjoy veggies, this Eggplant salad recipe is a WINNER!
You can also use your favorite vegetables instead of the ones I used. The first time I tried this, I used zucchini, mushrooms, and carrots. I served the dish when the youth was over for Bible study and they LOVE it. You can also use snap peas with cauliflower, or a combination that is most appealing to you!
You can also use chicken breast if you’d prefer instead of chicken thighs, however, I like the tenderness of the thighs instead. Either may be used.
I really like to use a microplane grater for ginger and garlic.
INGREDIENTS for CHICKEN VEGETABLES & PASTA STIR FRY:
- linguine pasta
- chicken thighs
- red pepper
- salt & pepper
- chicken broth
In this recipe, I have you adding all of the ingredients into a large pot (or Dutch oven). However, you can add it to a casserole dish, then bake in the oven. This is a great option if there are any of you that like to prep your food early in the day. I do everything and cover it will foil. Then just put it into the oven 20 minutes before dinner is to be served. It’s so convenient and super easy this way. Whatever your personal preference is though. 🙂
If you make this CHICKEN VEGETABLES & PASTA STIR FRY, please tag us in your creations with #ValentinasCorner or e-mail us your dinners to [email protected]
A delicious recipe for my version of stir fry. Your favorite pasta with an amazing Japanese inspired sauce, with chunks of tender chicken thighs and vegetable. Such a perfect dinner.
- 8 oz linguine pasta + 1 tsp (See Note*)
- 1 lbs chicken thighs, strips
- 1 carrot, strands
- 12 oz mushrooms, thick slices
- 1 ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ red pepper, strands
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp oil + 1 tsp oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- Cook pasta al dente with 1 tsp oil and dash of salt according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain, return back to pot, cover and set aside.
Meanwhile, peel mushrooms and slice into thick slices. Peel and cut your carrot in half then into even strands. Slice red pepper into strands. Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Slice your chicken into thin strips.
- Pour ¼ cup water and 3 Tbsp oil into a skillet then add all your vegetables. Sauté until desired tenderness, lighter season vegetables with pepper, mix as needed. Add vegetables to pasta. Cover.
- In the same skillet, add one teaspoon oil and sauté your chicken until golden and fully cooked. Very lightly season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pot.
- In a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted quickly mix in flour until combined. Slowly add chicken broth as you are mixing. Add soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Keep stirring until sauce comes to a light boil. Pour sauce into pot with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and place back on heat until fully heated. Taste to see if additional seasoning of salt & pepper is needed. Enjoy!
You can use your favorite pasta. I’ve used spaghetti, fettuccine, and even angel hair pasta