An easy recipe for Chicken Stir Fry. This stir-fry recipe with pasta, sauteed vegetables and chicken smothered in an amazing Japanese inspired sauce will become a family favorite. Like our Chicken Fried Rice Recipe, you’ll never want to order take out again.
Chicken Stir Fry Recipe-
I am rather excited to share this Chicken Stir Fry Recipe with you. It’s the perfect recipe for when you are craving take out. The mushrooms, peppers, broccoli and carrots with chicken and pasta is a phenomenal combination. The Japanese inspired sauce takes the recipe over the top.
What kind of pasta can I use for Chicken Stir Fry?
You can use your favorite pasta. I’ve used spaghetti, fettuccine and even angel hair pasta in this recipe. However, I think linguine is my favorite pasta to use. It’s not too thin and not too thick, it’s the perfect pasta to go with vegetables and chicken and enjoy each ingredient in every bite.
Stir Fry Vegetables-
For this chicken stir-fry with vegetables recipe, I used mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and red peppers. This recipe is really forgiving and the vegetables make be substituted. Cauliflower, snap peas, zucchini and even green beans may all be substituted or combined to the liking of your choice.
How to make Vegetable Chicken Stir Fry:
- Cook pasta per package instructions, al dente.
- Clean and cut the vegetables: broccoli, pepper, carrot and mushrooms.
- Slice chicken into strands.
- In a skillet, saute the chicken.
- In the same skillet, saute vegetables. Once cooked, add chicken back to skillet
- Combine the ingredients for the Japanese sauce and pour into skillet. Bring to a soft boil.
- In a casserole dish, transfer everything from the skillet, add the pasta, and mix well. Bake 20 minutes.
TIP: I like to use a microplane grater for ginger and garlic.
Try these other great chicken recipes:
- Chicken Fried Rice– Beats any take out.
- Vegetable Chicken Stroganoff– Comfort food!
- Chicken Scampi Recipe– Olive Garden CopyCat from home.
A delicious recipe for chicken stir fry. Pasta with an amazing Japanese inspired sauce, with chunks of tender chicken and vegetable in a Japanese sauce.
- 8 oz linguine pasta
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 lb chicken thighs, strips
- 1 large carrot, strands
- 12 oz mushrooms, thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups medium broccoli florets
- ½ red pepper, strands
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
Cook pasta al dente with 1 tsp oil and dash of salt according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain, return back to pot, cover to keep warm.
In a small bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
Peel and clean vegetables. Slice mushrooms, cut broccoli into small florets, cut carrot and red pepper into strands.
Slice the chicken into strips.
In a large skillet, over med/high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, add chicken. Saute until fully cooked. Lightly season with salt and pepper, mix and remove chicken.
Saute vegetables with 2 Tbsp oil until tender. Return chicken to skillet.
Pour sauce into skillet, bring to a soft boil.
Add the pasta to a casserole dish. Transfer ingredients from skillet to baking dish and stir to combine.
Bake 20 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
You can use your favorite pasta. I’ve used spaghetti, fettuccine, and even angel hair pasta