Skip the line at the coffee shop and make the popular Iced Caramel Macchiato at home. Rich and strong espresso served over milk and ice, so easy to make and tastes wonderful!
Starbuck’s ICED CARAMEL MACCHIATO-
You are going to love this rich and creamy Iced Caramel Macchiato! The flavors from the strong espresso combined with milk over ice milk are amazing.
Making this Starbucks copycat Iced Caramel Macchiato at home is so easy, delicious, and cost-efficient!
Latte vs Macchiato:
A latte is a shot of espresso with steamed milk and flavoring of choice. A macchiato is a shot of espresso with a little bit of milk and flavoring. A macchiato is much stronger as it uses less milk whereas a latte has way more milk.
All you need is just a few simple ingredients to make this delicious coffee recipe!
- Milk– This recipe calls for whole milk, but you can also use 2% milk, or half and half creamer.
- Vanilla– A classic macchiato has vanilla in it. You can use vanilla extract or vanilla syrup.
- Espresso– You want to be sure to use either fresh espresso or very strong coffee for this recipe.
- Caramel– The main ingredient is the caramel flavor! We love using the Torani Syrup brand but you can use your favorite caramel sauce! If you want healthier options use the sugar-free caramel syrup.
- Ice– To make this an iced macchiato you’ll need ice. We love using these ice molds for uniform ice pieces!
HOW TO MAKE AN ICED MACCHIATO-
This delicious Iced Caramel Macchiato can be ready in under 10 minutes!
- Milk– In a glass cup, mix together the milk and vanilla, then add ice to the cup.
- Make Coffee– Make the espresso or strong coffee and add the caramel flavoring to the espresso and mix.
- Combine– Pour the coffee over the milk and ice, and stir until combined.
- Serve– Top with some whipped cream and caramel drizzles and enjoy!
For tips on what kind of coffee to use, visit our Iced Caramel Latte post where we share different methods to get the perfect espresso or strong coffee.
You don’t have to limit this iced macchiato to just caramel flavoring! The flavors to use are endless. We love using the Torani Brand and here are some of our favorite flavors:
- White Chocolate
- Salted Caramel
- Simple Cane Sugar Sweetener
- Peppermint Mocha
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You can actually use caramel sauce or syrup, doesn’t matter which one!
Yes! Just use caffeine-free coffee for this recipe.
Yes, substitute the dairy for almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, and any other dairy-free milk.
No, you do not have to wait for it to cool! If you need to, add a few more ice cubes to cool the beverage.
That’s totally fine! You just have to use really strong coffee for this recipe and make it using your favorite method to achieve that perfect cup of coffee.
MORE DRINKS TO TRY-
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Simple Raspberry Lemonade
- Strawberry Acai Lemonade
- Caramel Brulee Latte
- Southern Sweet Tea
- Peach Tea Recipe
Iced Caramel Macchiato (Starbucks Copycat)
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla syrup
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 shots of espresso
- 2 Tbsp caramel sauce or syrup
- Add ice into two glasses.
- Combine the milk with the vanilla and pour between the two glasses.
- Make the shots of espresso and combine with the caramel sauce.
- Pour the espresso over the milk with ice and enjoy!