Berries Tiramisu Cake Roulade Recipe. An amazing roulade recipe for the classic Tiramisu Cake soaked in coffee with mascarpone cream and fresh berries. This roulade is so easy to make, is so appealing and absolutely delicious.
Enjoy this short video! Don’t forget to like our FACEBOOK page so you can save and share the video! We so appreciate it.
The classic Tiramisu cake is a dessert originating from Italy. It is made with ladyfingers dipped in coffee and layered with a mascarpone cream and dusted with cocoa.
This roulade is a homemade twist on the classic dessert. It uses a delicate and airy sponge cake and rolled into a roulade, with the mascarpone cream and topped with fresh berries.
How to make Tiramisu Cake Roulade:
This roulade uses the classic sponge cake as a base for the cake. The only difference is that it’s baked and rolled as a roulade instead of a layered cake.
Prepare sponge cake-
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Beat egg whites on high speed for about 2 minutes. Continue beating, slowly add sugar and beat another 2 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and sour cream. Add yolk mixture to the egg whites and give a quick mix.
- Stir in the flour. TIP: With the spatula, fold the mixture from the bottom up to be sure all of the flour is well incorporated.
- Add batter to a 12″x17″ rimmed baking sheet and bake. Roll up roulade. Allow the roulade to cool completely.
Prepare the mascarpone cream-
- In a medium bowl, beat mascarpone, vanilla and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream. Add the heavy whipping cream to the mascarpone and mix.
- Refrigerate cream until ready to use.
How to Assemble cake Tiramisu Roulade-
- Unroll roulade.
- Brush cake with coffee.
- Spread 2/3 of the cream over the cake. Dust with cocoa.
- Roll up the cake.
- Generously coat tops and side of roulade with the remaining cream.
- Add your favorite berries! We used raspberries, strawberries and blueberries.
- If desired, add chocolate chunks as decor, optional.
Can the Tiramisu Cake be made in advance?
Yes, this tiramisu roulade may be prepared the night before. Add the fruits before serving.
If you happen to make this cake or any other recipe of mine, I’d love to see your creations. Tag Valentina’s Corner on Facebook & Instagram, #ValentinasCorner.
Try these other great desserts:
- Poppy Seed Roulade– Delicious poppyseed roulade with a dulce de leche cream.
- Coconut Almond Cake Roll Recipe– The best swiss roll recipe.
- Chocolate Layered Cake with Strawberries– An amazing chocolate cake!
Berries Tiramisu Cake Roulade
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- 1 (8 oz) mascarpone cheese, room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 6-8 oz fresh raspberries
- 8-10 oz fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cups milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 355°F.Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with baking spray and lightly dust with flour. Set aside
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks. Beat egg whites on high speed for 2. Continue beating and slowly add sugar. Beat another 2 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and sour cream. Add yolk mixture to egg whites and mix on low speed to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add the flour to the batter. Mix on low speed for a few seconds. Turn of the mixer. With a spatula continue folding the batter until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into the baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool about a minute. With a sharp knife, release edges of cake from baking sheet.
- Roll cake into a roulade. Set aside to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare cream. Beat mascarpone, vanilla and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until whipped.Add whipping cream to the mascarpone, mix. Refrigerate until needed.
- Slowly unroll roulade. Brush roulade with coffee.
- Spread about 2/3rd of the cream. Dust lightly with cocoa powder.
- Slowly roll roulade back up.
- Cover the top and sides of roulade with cream. Dust with additional cocoa
- Top with fresh berries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Enjoy.