Soft and airy sponge Coconut Almond Swiss Roll Cake recipe. The cake layer is fluffy and soft with a chocolate spread, a light cream rolled into a swiss roll. The cake roll is topped with sliced almonds and coconut flakes. The perfect balance of flavors.
coconut almond swiss roll cake-
This swiss roll is truly the perfect balance of flavors. The sponge cake roll is so soft and airy and when combined with the chocolate spread, light cream with coconut and almonds, it’s truly the best kind of dessert. It’s not overly sweet but definitely sweet enough to satisfy the sweet tooth. The dessert comes together so quickly and will be a hit with the kids and adults alike.
how to make almond coconut swiss roll-
This almond coconut swiss roll is such an easy recipe to make and is so beautiful when served.
- First, prepare cake roll by creaming together the egg with sugar and folding in the flour mixture.
- Then toast the almonds and the coconut flakes, adds so much crunchiness and flavor.
- Prepare the chocolate spread.
- Prepare the easy and light cake cream.
- Lastly, assemble the swiss roll.
You will want to use a large, rimmed baking sheet the size of 18″x12″ (somewhere in that vicinity).
This recipe was inspired by the candy Almond Joy and that really is what it tastes like in every bite. You have the chocolate, the coconut flakes, the almonds and to top it off – a delicate light cream.
We love the homemade chocolate layer that takes this cake over the top. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate!?! The light chocolate layer is such a great compliment to this coconut swiss roll.
can I prepare swiss roll cake in advance?
Yes, this roll may be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Keep the cake covered tightly and refrigerated.
TIP: Thought coconut flakes and almonds are a great combination in the recipe, you can leave out one or the other if desired.
Oh I can’t wait for you to give this Swiss Roll Recipe a try! You sure are in for a treat with the amazing combination of flavors.
Other sponge cake recipes that you may enjoy:
- Layered Cake with Raspberries– with a dulce de leche cream.
- Tiramisu Berries Cake Roll Recipe– berries and tiramisu cake.
- Poppy seed roulade– for the poppy seed lovers!
Coconut Almond Swiss Roll Cake
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- Preheat oven to 355°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with baking spray and lightly dust with flour. Set aside.
- Spread sliced almonds on a small baking sheet. Spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes until golden in color. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the Swiss Roll
- Separate egg whites from egg yolks in two bowls. Beat egg whites on high speed for 2 minutes, until whites form soft peaks. Slowly, add sugar and beat another 2 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Using same whisks, in a different bowl, beat egg yolks and sour cream for 1 minute. Add yolk/sour cream mixture to egg whites and beat on low speed until combined.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add half the flour to egg mixture. Beat. Add the rest of the flour and beat again. Beat lightly and just enough to incorporate the flour. Don't overbeat.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes. Check the center of cake for the readiness with a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Once baked, let cool about a minute and roll cake up into a roulade.
- Combine the ingredients for the chocolate in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thick and smooth in consistency. Set aside to cool.
Prepare the Cream-
- With a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until peaks form. Combine with cream cheese and sugar, fold in the whipping cream until well combined.
Assemble Swiss Roll-
- Carefully unroll the cake roll and remove the parchment paper (be sure cake is completely cooled). Spread the chocolate generously over the cake.
- Add about 2/3 of the cream over the chocolate.
- Add about half of the toasted almonds.
- Tightly roll cake into a roll. Coat top and sides of roulade with remaining cream.
- Decorate top of roulade with toasted coconut flakes.
- Refrigerate cake covered at least 2 hours or overnight.