This Layered Snickers Cake Recipe is an amazing cake! Soft cake layers topped with crunchy peanut meringue with a dulce de leche cream and topped with chocolate.
Layered cakes bring a whole new level to cakes, such as this No-Bake Layered Cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
layered snickers cake-
This Russian cake is going to become a FAVORITE! The cake layers melt in your mouth there are so soft yet are topped with a peanut meringue spread with dulce de leche cream and chocolate. If you like the candy bar Snickers, you are in for a treat. This is a cake version of the popular candy and SO good!
Don’t allow the steps of the cake to feel overwhelming and intimidating. It truly isn’t as bad as it looks and once you taste the results, you’ll know the work was worth it.
NOTE: This makes for a large cake and it’s very filling. It’s a wonderful cake to make for parties or events.
how to make the layered snickers cake-
PREPARE THE CREAM: Cream together the dulce de leche and butter, just until combined. Refrigerate until needed.
PREPARE CAKES: Separate egg whites and yolks into two bowls, set aside the egg whites. Beat together the egg yolks and sugar until creamy. Add the butter, baking powder and mix. Slowly add the flour and continue mixing until well incorporated.
Divide cake batter between two lined baking sheets and spread evenly (I just use my fingers). Set aside.
Finely chop the peanuts into small pieces, set aside.
Over high speed, beat egg whites until foamy. Slowly add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue mixture over the cake layers and top with the peanuts.
Bake the cakes 20-25 minutes, or until golden in color.
Melt chocolate, add to plastic bag and snip edge.
Cut both cakes in half. Place the first layer onto serving platter and top with cream, drizzle with chocolate. Repeat with remaining layers.
With a sharp knife, trim edges of the cake so they are straight, optional.
Cover sides and top of the cake with remaining cream. Drizzle chocolate over the top of the cake.
Looking forward to your feedback in the comments below after you give this layered Snicker’s cake a try! 🙂
try these other desserts:
- Pastry Triangles– Puff pastry triangles made with puff pastry and dulce de leche.
- Layered Nutella Cake– Creamy chocolate cake with a Nutella chocolate frosting.
- Coffee Roulade– A chocolate roulade with coffee cream.
- Chocolate Cake with Strawberries– A delicious layered cake recipe.
Layered Snickers Cake Recipe
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups toasted peanuts, chopped
- 16 Tbsp sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 28 oz dulce de leche
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate, melted
- Cream dulce de leche and butter, just until combined. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven 355°F. Line two 17"x12" rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide eggs into two bowls. Set aside the egg whites. Beat egg yolks and sugar until creamy. Add butter, baking powder and beat. Gradually add flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Divide cake batter between the two baking sheets. Spread the batter evenly (I just used my fingers, be patient, very patient, it will work out.. 🙂 Set aside.
- Chop peanuts into smaller pieces.
- With a mixer, beat egg whites until foamy. Slowly add sugar and mix until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue over the cake layers. Sprinkle the peanuts over the meringue layers.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until the meringue is really golden in color. Once baked, set aside to cool.
- Melt chocolate. Place chocolate into plastic bag and snip edge.
- Cut both cakes in half (now you have 4 layers). Take first layer, top with cream, drizzle chocolate. Repeat with remaining layers. Spread cream over top of cake. With a sharp knife, lightly trim off edges of cake so the sides are straight (optional). Cover sides with cream. Drizzle remaining chocolate over top of cake.
- Cover cake and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.