Mouthwatering delicious Coffee Roulade recipe. Soft and airy chocolate cake roulade with rich coffee cream. This dessert is for coffee lovers!
If you like coffee-flavored dessert like this one, also try our Layered Coffee Cake!
This coffee roulade will become a family favorite. The chocolate cake roll is airy and sponge-like and so soft. The cake is generously loaded with a coffee cream that adds so much richness and enhances the flavors of the overall dessert.
If you enjoy coffee, this dessert will be on repeat in your home.
how to make coffee roulade-
- Prepare the chocolate cake roulade.
- Make the coffee cream.
- Once the cake is cooled, soak with orange juice. Then generously spread the cream.
- Tightly roll the cake into a log.
- Then finally spread the remaining cream over top and sides of the roulade.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Finally, drizzle with melted chocolate.
- ENJOY, friends!
can I prepare the cake roulade in advance?
Yes, this coffee roll can be prepared a day in advance. Keep covered and refrigerated.
can I substitute the soaking?
The orange juice may be substituted for cold coffee.
what size pan do I bake cake roulade in?
You’ll need a large rimmed baking sheet, approximately 17″x11″ to 18″x12″ in size. You can also use (2) 9″x13″ baking pans.
I hope you love the recipe for this coffee roulade. Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Try these other great ROULADE recipes:
Coffee Roulade Recipe
- In a large bowl, add eggs and sugar. Beat on high speed for 10-12 minutes or until the mixture has tripled in size.
- Pour batter into the baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool about a minute. With a sharp knife, release edges of cake from baking sheet.
- Roll cake into a roulade. Set aside to completely cool.
- Add cream cheese and powdered sugar to a bowl. In a small measuring cup add the instant coffee and pour the hot water over it.
- Combine coffee and hot water, mix vigorously until coffee dissolves.
- Add the cool whip and mix. Refrigerate cream until ready to use.
- Unroll the cake and brush with orange juice.
- Generously cover with cream.
- Roll the cakes back up into a roulade. Cover tops and sides of both cakes with the remaining cream.
- Dust roll with cocoa, optional.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.