These juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables in an easy marinade are perfect for summer grilling season. The easiest sweet and savory garlic honey marinade adds so much flavor to the meat and vegetables.
These grilled chicken kabobs are great for summer grilling. The marinade is really a deal breaker in the recipe. It gives the chicken and vegetables so much flavor and wow!
This is a great recipe to prep and marinate in advance for a party or if you’ll be having a busy day and then just grill right before serving.
how to make grilled chicken-
Chicken is our favorite meat to grill during the summer and even during the cooler weather. It’s so forgiving, is so quick to prepare and just as quick to grill. It’s ideal not only for parties and potlucks, but it’s also great for family dinners when you want something a little special.
This recipe is the best because of the amazing marinade. The honey with oil and mayo, combined with the minced garlic, seasonings and a hint of hot sauce is a great balance of sweet and savory. The flavors are unexpected but amazing and work so well together.
In a bowl, combine all of the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Coat chicken and veggies with the wet marinade then season.
prepare chicken and vegetables-
Cut chicken into about 1″ – 1 1/2″ pieces. Cut peppers into the same size as the chicken along with the red onion. Clean the mushrooms and keep whole. TIP: You want to be sure all of the pieces are the same in size or some will burn while other will remain uncooked.
Place everything into a large bowl and pour the marinade. Toss to combine well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
what kind of chicken do I use for grilling?
Chicken breast and chicken thighs may be used for this recipe. The cooking time will just vary depending on the size you cut the chicken. You want to be sure not to overcook the chicken as it will become dry and lose its juiciness.
what vegetables should I use?
The vegetables you use for grilling with chicken kabobs is totally a personal preference. Here are some of our favorite vegetables we enjoy adding to our kabobs-
- peppers (green, red, orange or yellow)
- red onion (or sweet onion)
- tomato (whole)
how to grill chicken-
THREAD the chicken and vegetables onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for at least a half an hour so they don’t burn during cooking.
TIP: If you are trying to save time before grilling, you can thread the vegetables and chicken onto the skewers and keep covered that way. Then, all you do is just grill, just be sure to keep the everything covered when refrigerated.
how long to grill chicken kabobs?
The cooking time will really depend on the size of your pieces. As a general rule, the grilling will be between 10-15 minutes over medium heat. Turn skewers as the meat are vegetables to ensure even cooking on all sides.
other great grilled chicken recipes you’ll love-
- Juicy Grilled Chicken Kabobs– with a hint of lime.
- Grilled Thighs– so easy!
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs– in a mayo and herbs marinade.
Yes, there are so many recipes for grilled chicken kabobs. With the help of the marinade, this recipe will stand out and become a favorite. SO GOOD and easy!
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken, breast or thighs
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 6 oz white mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp oil, canola or olive
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce" target="_blank">hot sauce, Frank's or Sriracha
- Cut chicken into about 1" - 1 1/2" pieces. Cube the peppers and onions into even pieces as the chicken.
- In a bowl combine all the dry seasonings. Mix together the paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a different bowl, combine mayo, oil, hot sauce, minced garlic and honey.
- Combine the cut vegetables, the whole mushrooms and chicken. Season and toss in the wet marinade, sprinkle the dry seasonings and toss to combine. Marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours (or overnight).
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto grilling skewers.
- Grill 12-15 minutes over medium heat, turning the skewers as needed so all sides are cooked (cooking time will vary depending on your grill and size of ingredients).