A simple recipe for Magic Cookie Bars! Soft batter with cream cheese spread and topped with chocolate chips morsels and coconut flakes. These bars are the ultimate chocolate chip cookie bars.
These bars were inspired by our Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – it’s so delicious and fun to make with kids.
magic cookie bars-
This magic cookie bar recipe takes classic cookie bars to a whole new level! A soft base layer using classic yellow mix topped with a cream cheese layer, chocolate chip morsels, and coconut shavings. The combination of classic dough with cream cheese, chocolate and coconut are just amazing. The perfect balance of flavors in every bite.
how to make magic cookie bars-
These cookie bars are SOO easy and quick to make. The recipe comes together so quickly and tastes phenomenal.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine together cake mix, oil, and egg.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy.
- Add 2/3 cup of chocolate chips into the cream cheese and fold in with a spatula.
- Spread the cake batter evenly in the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the batter as a second layer.
- Use the remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and add on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Top with coconut flakes.
- Bake the bars 25-30 minutes, or until the coconut flakes become golden.
cookie bars recipe-
These magic cookie bars can be served either hot or cold. We enjoy these bars with a glass of cold milk or hot tea! These cookie bars are perfect to prepare when the kids have friends over, or even when your having guests and need to make something quick to prepare. The bars aren’t overly sweet but definitely satisfy enough to satisfy the sweet tooth.
You are going to love this easy recipe for Magic Cookie Bars. It truly is a great recipe you will fall in love with.
Try these other great cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars– a classic cookie bar recipe.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies– for those that enjoy peanut butter.
- Truffle Cookie Kisses– a classic Russian recipe.
Magic Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1 box classic yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temp (1 1/2 packs)
- 1 cup chocolate chip morsels, divided
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Combine cake mix with oil and egg in a bowl. Spread mixture evenly in baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add 2/3 cup chocolate chip morsels and mix with a spatula. Spread over the cake mixture. Take the remaining 1/3 cup morsels and add to the top of the cream cheese layer. Then add the coconut flakes.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the coconut flakes become golden in color.
- These can be enjoyed warm or cooled. Enjoy friends.