The most tender and juicy recipe for Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce. Perfect for a quick and easy dinner served with mashed potatoes or your pasta.
Try this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Recipe.
mushroom stuffed chicken-
NOT IT’S PURE AMAZINGNESS WHEN YOU HAVE ALL THREE IN ONE RECIPE!. Caps lock off. That was my way of trying to say how serious I take this recipe. Serious enough to get in some trouble with caps lock because this recipe is BOMB and needs to be told with a shout of love! Sauteed mushrooms stuffed in the opening of the chicken breast in a creamy garlic Alfredo sauce.
stuffed chicken recipes-
I’ve always like recipes that use chicken breast and create a pocket then fill it with something scrumptiously delicious. Once prepared, the chicken is so juicy and tender and combined with stuffed sautéed mushrooms is every mushroom lovers dream. To top things off, you have the simple Alfredo sauce that takes this recipe from okay to top-notch recipe or top of the line restaurant style.
how to make mushroom stuffed chicken-
- Saute mushrooms and onions, until golden.
- Beat the chicken with a meat mallet. Season both sides of chicken, cut an opening in the chicken to create a pocket.
- Add cheese and sauteed mushrooms into a pocket of the chicken.
- In a large skillet heat oil. Once hot add stuffed chicken.
- Cook chicken until golden and turn down the heat to cook on low heat.
prepare Alfredo sauce-
- In a small saucepan, add heavy whipping cream, parmesan cheese, garlic, butter, flour, and seasoning.
- Cook on medium heat and whisk until smooth and sauce comes to a boil.
- Pour Alfredo sauce into the skillet over chicken. Cover chicken with remaining cheese.
- Cover skillet with foil and lid.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.
If you make this Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce, please tag us in your creations with #ValentinasCorner or e-mail us your dinners to email@example.com.
Try these other Stuffed Chicken recipes:
Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F at step 6.
- Slice mushrooms. Finely chop onion. In a skillet over high heat, add oil. Once hot, add mushrooms and onions. Sautee until mushrooms are golden in color, add 1 minced garlic clove. Turn off heat.
- Lightly beat the chicken breast with a meat mallet so the chicken is even in thickness. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cut opening in the chicken to create a pocket (don’t cut all the way through).
- Add 2 slices of cheese into the pocket of the chicken. Generously add the sautéed mushrooms. With a toothpick seal the edges, optional.
- In a large skillet, on high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot add stuffed chicken. Sear chicken until golden flip chicken and sear again, turn down heat and cover skillet. (Note: Before adding the Alfredo sauce, the chicken should be almost fully cooked and not pink on edges of chicken.) REMOVE TOOTHPICKS.
- Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce. In a small saucepan, add heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic, butter, flour and seasoning. Place onto stovetop on medium heat. Whisk vigorously until and of the ingredients are incorporated and come to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour Alfredo sauce into the skillet over chicken. Cover tops of chicken with remaining cheese. Cover skillet with foil or lid and bake 15-20 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and cheese melts. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Enjoy with mashed potatoes or pasta. Pour some of the Alfredo sauce over the mashed potatoes as a gravy. SOO good.!