The most tender and juicy recipe for Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce. Perfect for a quick and easy dinner served with mashed potatoes or your pasta.
I LOVE ME SOME MUSHROOMS!
I LOVE ME SOME CHICKEN!
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ME SOME ALFREDO SAUCE!
NOT IT’S PURE AMAZINGNESS WHEN YOU HAVE ALL THREE IN ONE RECIPE!. Caps lock off. That was my way of trying to say how serious I take this recipe. Serious enough to get in some trouble with caps lock because this recipe is BOMB and needs to be told with a shout of love! Sauteed mushrooms stuffed in the opening of the chicken breast in a creamy garlic Alfredo sauce.
The recipe for this Fettuccini Mushrooms and Alfredo is so popular on our blog, and for a good reason. It’s such a wonderful recipe!. So I have created a few recipes with the inspiration from that original recipe. This casserole was inspired by that recipe, as were these stuffed shells, so is this new recipe I am sharing with you today. Though I tried hard to make the video as appetizing as possible, it’s rather hard to film recipe videos with Alfredo sauce, sigh. So.. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t have the sudden urghh to rush out and purchase all of the ingredients ASAP for this recipe. Let me verbally explain the deliciousness of this one-skillet recipe and hopefully, that will give you the push needed to go make this like.. today, kidding, tomorrow, but seriously – today (insert wink face emoji).
I’ve always like recipes that use chicken breast and create a pocket then fill it with something scrumptiously delicious. I especially like those recipes if there are really easy to make but the results are fantastic. This, my friends, is one of those recipes. Once prepared, the chicken is so juicy and tender and combined with stuffed sautéed mushrooms is every mushroom lovers dream. To top things off, you have the simple Alfredo sauce that takes this recipe from okay to top-notch recipe or top of the line restaurant style. Perfect for any meal. If you are just enjoying the recipe with your family for a dinner, or perhaps you are having a date night with your better half (which you totally should (SEE POST)…), or if you need to make an impression with some guests coming over. This recipe here has you covered.
INGREDIENTS for MUSHROOM STUFFED CHICKEN IN ALFREDO SAUCE:
- chicken breast
- provolone cheese
- heavy whipping cream
- parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
If you make this Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce, please tag us in your creations with #ValentinasCorner or e-mail us your dinners to [email protected]
The most tender and juicy chicken breast stuffed with sautéed mushrooms in a creamy Alfredo Sauce. Perfect for a quick and easy dinner served with mashed potatoes or your pasta.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 8 oz sliced provolone cheese
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp oil
Preheat oven to 375F at step 6.
- Slice mushrooms. Finely chop onion. In a skillet over high heat, add oil. Once hot, add mushrooms and onions. Sautee until mushrooms are golden in color, add 1 minced garlic clove. Turn off heat.
- Lightly beat the chicken breast with a meat mallet so the chicken is even in thickness. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cut opening in the chicken to create a pocket (don’t cut all the way through).
- Add 2 slices of cheese into the pocket of the chicken. Generously add the sautéed mushrooms. With a toothpick seal the edges, optional.
In a large skillet, on high heat, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once the oil is hot add stuffed chicken. Sear chicken until golden flip chicken and sear again, turn down heat and cover skillet. (Note: Before adding the Alfredo sauce, the chicken should be almost fully cooked and not pink on edges of chicken.) REMOVE TOOTHPICKS.
- Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce. In a small saucepan, add heavy whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic, butter, flour and seasoning. Place onto stovetop on medium heat. Whisk vigorously until and of the ingredients are incorporated and come to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour Alfredo sauce into the skillet over chicken. Cover tops of chicken with remaining cheese. Cover skillet with foil or lid and bake 15-20 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and cheese melts. Garnish with fresh herbs.
- Enjoy with mashed potatoes or pasta. Pour some of the Alfredo sauce over the mashed potatoes as a gravy. SOO good.!