Delicious walnut cookies that are crunchy yet creamy. Easy cookies with dough flakes, walnuts, and condensed milk cream. Individual bite-sized desserts.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I haven’t had the opportunity to bake with frozen dough before. I have never even heard of the concept if I am honest. If you haven’t either you are in for a treat. These walnut crunch bites and are so addictive!. It’s amazing how well the ingredients compliment each other. The unique crunchy flakes with walnuts and condensed milk cream are so delicious. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
how to make sweet crunch bites-
- In a large bowl, add milk. Mix together baking soda with vinegar, add to the milk.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg, add in the melted butter. Add to the milk and mix.
- Lightly mix in the flour, the dough will be hard to mix and flakey.
- Shape three balls out of the dough.
- Cover tray with parchment paper. Add dough balls onto a tray and freeze for an hour or overnight.
- Grate the frozen dough. Spread the grated dough evenly onto two rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 355°F for about 30-35 minutes.
- After about 15 minutes of baking, mix the flakes to ensure even baking. Bake another 10 minutes and mix again. Finished flakes will have a nice golden color to them. Don’t overcook or else the flakes will burn in some areas. Let flakes cool completely before adding cream to them.
- Blend the walnuts. Don’t blend too fine, they should be small pieces but you should be able to taste them. Add to cooled flakes and mix.
- CREAM– Beat the butter, add to the condensed milk and beat again. Add to the flakes/walnuts and mix with a spatula.
- Once everything is mixed lightly dampen your hands and make small balls, squeeze them together with both hands so they stick and won’t fall apart.
- There should be around 24 balls. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Dust tops of balls with powdered sugar before serving. (If balls are hard to shape, refrigerate for about a half an hour to an hour, then shape.)
- The dessert can either be kept in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Half of my family prefers them cold the other room temp, try both.
I hope you give these crunchy walnut cookies a try! Let us know your feedback on these cookies in the comments, we would love to know. 🙂
Try these other Desserts:
- Add milk in a bowl. Combine together the baking soda and vinegar and combine with the milk.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl, add the melted butter to the egg and mix. (Butter should not be hot, just very warm)
- Pour the butter mixture to the milk and mix.
- Add in the sifted flour and mix until well incorporated. The dough will be hard and flakey.
- Shape the dough into three large balls. Add to a parchment paper-lined plate and add the dough balls, freeze for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 355°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Grate the frozen dough. Spread the grated dough evenly among the baking sheets.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. After about 15 minutes of baking, mix the flakes to ensure even baking. Bake another 10 minutes and mix again.
- Finished flakes will have a nice golden color to them. Don’t overcook or else the flakes will burn in some areas. Let flakes cool completely before adding cream to them.
- Blend the walnuts and add to cooled flakes and mix.
- Cream the butter and add in the condensed milk and combine. Beat the butter, add to the condensed milk and beat again. Add to the flakes/walnuts and mix with a spatula.
- In a bowl, add the dough flake mixture and the cream and mix until well combined.
- Form 24 balls out of the mixture. For easier assembly work with damp hands.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Dust tops of balls with powdered sugar before serving.