A step-by-step tutorial on How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberries. With tips and topping ideas, this is going to be your guide for chocolate covered strawberries.
Though making Choc Covered Strawberries is SO EASY and takes no more than 15 minutes, the mini desserts are such a treat for any occasion.
how to make chocolate-covered strawberries-
Chocolate covered strawberries (or Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries) are such a treat for special occasions like birthdays, bridal shower or Valentine’s Day. They are a great way to make someone feel special with minimal work.
The covered strawberries truly are a treat, the balance between the fresh strawberries with good quality chocolate (like Ghirardelli) truly is amazing.
how to make chocolate-covered strawberries?
- Prep strawberries– You want to thoroughly wash the strawberries and completely pat them dry, keep them at room temperature.
- Prepare tray– You want to prepare whatever tray or platter by covering it with parchment paper (we just use a precut parchment paper to save time and love it).
- Toppings– Prepare desired toppings. Melt the White Chocolate if you’ll be using it.
- Melt chocolate– Melt the chocolate with the desired method. Allow chocolate to cool. NEVER dip in how chocolate.
- Cover strawberries– Take the strawberries by the stems and dip generously in the chocolate. Place the strawberry on the parchment paper, add toppings. TIP- If you plan on removing the stems, use these Dipping Tools, this makes the dipping so much easier.
Cook’s Tip- NEVER cut the strawberries into small pieces or in half. The moisture from the inside of the strawberry will not allow the chocolate to stick and you’ll have a huge mess.
how to melt chocolate for strawberries?
You can pretty much melt chocolate using your favorite method, we will share 2 of the easiest methods:
- MICROWAVE- If you have a feature to melt chocolate, use that. If not, stir chocolate about every 30 seconds until it melts, this will prevent the chocolate from being scorched and unusable.
- DOUBLE BOILER- Fill a saucepan with water about 1/4 of the way full. Place a large glass bowl over the water and fill with chocolate. Cook over medium heat continually stirring until chocolate melts. TIP: Do not let the bowl touch the water as it’s boiling, there must be space between the two.
NOTE: If you don’t want to use either of these methods, use a KIT that has a pot for melting chocolate and tools as well.
Be sure to use good quality chocolate, it really does make a difference. We love this 3 Chocolate Set as it has milk, dark and white chocolate together.
topping ideas for chocolate covered strawberries-
- Crushed graham crackers or Oreos
- Chocolate shavings
- Finely chopped nuts (pistachios, walnut or pecans)
- Dark or milk chocolate
- Coconut flakes (toasted or not)
FAQ’s about choc covered strawberries-
- How long do choc covered strawberries last? Chocolate covered strawberries are best if enjoyed within 1 to 2 days.
- Can I freeze choc covered strawberries? NO! Never freeze choc covered strawberries.
- How to store choc covered strawberries? If you’ll be enjoying the strawberries the same day, you can leave them at room temp. For the following day use, refrigerate them overnight.
- Can I use a block of chocolate? Yes, you definitely may use a block of chocolate, just cut it into small pieces before you melt it. Any chocolate will work if it is good quality (that includes baking chocolate).
<The biggest MISTAKE people make in this recipe is not patting the strawberries dry. The chocolate just will not stick.>
I truly hope this detailed guide on how to make the BEST Chocolate Covered Strawberries was helpful!
OTHER POPULAR DESSERT RECIPES:
- Easy Tiramisu Cake– Completely a no-bake.
- Mini Boccone Dolce– Mini sized desserts.
- Chocolate Fruit Dip– So popular for parties.
- Layered Raspberry Dessert Bars– So rich and creamy.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
chocolate covered strawberries-
- 1 lb strawberries
- 8 oz chocolate chip morsels
- white chocolate
- shredded coconut
- chopped nuts
- crushed graham crackers
how to make chocolate covered strawberries-
- Wash and completely pat dry the strawberries. Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Over a double broiler melt the chocolate chip morsels until chocolate it creamy and melted, continually stirring.
- Hold the stems of the strawberries and generously dip the strawberry into the melted chocolate and place on the parchment-lined tray. You can also use these TOOLS if you will be cutting off the stems.
- Option 1: Drizzle chocolate covered strawberries with white or dark chocolate. Add melted chocolate to a piping bag and drizzle over the strawberries.
- Option 2: Top the chocolate covered strawberries with desired chopped nuts, shredded coconut or crushed graham crackers. Be sure to add the toppings before the chocolate sets or it won't stick.
- Allow the strawberries to sit at room temp for an hour or until the chocolate hardens.
- Enjoy, friends.